Author Topic: Trump Follows Senate Lead, Orders FBI Investigation of Kavanaugh  (Read 7247 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump Follows Senate Lead, Orders FBI Investigation of Kavanaugh
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2018, 10:56:48 pm »
   I always know when the Trumpers feel conspicuously vulnerable on any particular subject (defense of their party, the GOP), they start attacking the NT'ers (BFF's of the dem party).   

Nice allocation of resources there /s

Excuse me @corbe   You people started it, but I'm not gonna finish it.  I just cannot take it anymore.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2018, 10:59:09 pm »
it's the latter, I think we all know it.  This is all about whipping two more votes in the Senate floor vote.

The real goal is to get Kavanaugh confirmed and prove that the libs last minute, evil tactics won't work.

It's a chess game right now with 3 or 4 squishy senators, mostly women, but we have to play it out.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2018, 11:01:20 pm »
If Trump were postponing the battle he wouldn't have caved to the left. 

Okay ... let's talk when emotions have settled a bit.  I could point out the errors in your statement, but it doesn't appear you're ready to discuss rationally.

Later.

Offline corbe

« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2018, 11:16:36 pm »
Excuse me @corbe   You people started it, but I'm not gonna finish it.  I just cannot take it anymore.

US People, the Nt'ers?????

Everyone seems a little burnt out on Kavanaugh.  Now it's in Mitch's hands and that upsets some ever more bigly.

Not a damn thing anybody, but the few principled players, can do about it.   
    Let's try to enjoy the ride without the usual slice/dice, if that is even possible  :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:58:17 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2018, 11:25:54 pm »
But why facilitate that?

The only thing that makes sense is that it was expected, that the votes aren't there, and that all this kabuki theater is to rope in red state dems who are up for election a short month from now... That's where the lean has to be, because that's where the pressure matters...

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2018, 11:41:45 pm »
The real goal is to get Kavanaugh confirmed and prove that the libs last minute, evil tactics won't work.

It's a chess game right now with 3 or 4 squishy senators, mostly women, but we have to play it out.

Oh isn't that rich.  Its really the same thing I said.  But it isn't horrible because you said it. 

I said the President decided not to have the vote.  Yes on Senates recommendation.  If you don't have the vote you don't have the vote.  Wouldn't make sense to have a vote without having all Republicans on board.  If it takes a week for FBI to hear the same thing out of Mark Judge that he already signed a statement saying so be it.

If I say the President was the one that postponed it is wrong, right?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:44:13 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2018, 11:59:42 pm »

That's reality, @Emjay .   This is how it is going to have to be.  The hearings produced two credible witnesses,  and, really, no corroborating evidence pointing either way.    That's sometimes how it is, with charges so many years old relating to events that lay buried in repressed memory for a quarter century.   

What is needed is the imprimatur of the FBI,  a body considered in at least some quarters to be more apolitical than the Senate Judiciary Committee.

That imprimatur is what, hopefully, will allow Collins, et al to confirm a superior jurist and estimable human being.   And there is an additional benefit as well - it looks as if the process is fair and sufficiently respectful of the reality that sexual assault is the issue du jour.  That can only help in the mid-terms;  it helps potential and persuadable GOP supporters to focus their anger at the Dems and their tactic of character assassination.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:01:27 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2018, 12:24:24 am »
Did Trump have a choice in the matter, practically speaking?  We have about 49 democrats and 3 republican senators who are pushing a modern day witch trial.  Trump has to give two of them a personal reason to do the right thing.  This was his only shot at appeasing them.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2018, 04:23:52 am »
    US People, the Nt'ers?????

Everyone seems a little burnt out on Kavanaugh.  Now it's in Mitch's hands and that upsets some ever more bigly.

Not a damn thing anybody, but the few principled players, can do about it.   
    Let's try to enjoy the ride without the usual slice/dice, if that is even possible  :shrug:

Nope @corbe   Not anymore.  Just not in the mood, but have fun if that's what you call fun.

Nobody is burnt out on Kavanaugh.  A lot of people are totally burnt out about the evil game the dems have played on this nomination.

I like Kavanaugh more than ever.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2018, 04:25:05 am »
Did Trump have a choice in the matter, practically speaking?  We have about 49 democrats and 3 republican senators who are pushing a modern day witch trial.  Trump has to give two of them a personal reason to do the right thing.  This was his only shot at appeasing them.

@cato potatoe   that's not just true but it's totally obvious.  I'm really getting fed up with some people around here.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2018, 09:47:13 am »

Did Trump have to say he found her testimony compelling?  :shrug:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2018, 10:34:29 am »

As pointed out, “compelling” does not mean “credible”. And had Trump said otherwise we’d be in the midst of a media shakedown about how the President won’t listen to abused women and thinks they are all liars. Saying what he said was precisely the smart thing to say.

This chorus blaming the President or blaming “the Senate” is ludicrous....neither can get Kavanaugh confirmed until they get the votes of Flake and 1 of the 2 lib-chicks (Murk/Collins). Trump and Grassley had zero choice other than to agree to the 7 day FBI check because the alternative was failure....losing those 3 votes and having the nomination defeated.

So the blame goes 100% to Flake, Murkowski, and Collins. Blaming anyone or anything else is...well...dumb-a$$ery of the highest magnitude. Aim your damn fire where it’s deserved, not at our President nor the other 48 GOP Senators wanting to confirm Kavanaugh.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:06:48 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2018, 01:36:39 pm »
Nope @corbe   Not anymore.  Just not in the mood, but have fun if that's what you call fun.

Nobody is burnt out on Kavanaugh.  A lot of people are totally burnt out about the evil game the dems have played on this nomination.

I like Kavanaugh more than ever.

@Emjay

I left Vietnam in November of 1968 and just recently discovered that I have a variety of PTSD. Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2018, 02:16:42 pm »
@Emjay

I left Vietnam in November of 1968 and just recently discovered that I have a variety of PTSD. Pretty Tired of Stupid Democrats.

LOL, what a great way to head off to church.

I'm with you 100%. I've already warned my wife that if any liberal acquaintances start chirping it's not going to be pretty. Enough is enough, why treat people with any common decency if they lack any decency. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2018, 02:21:39 pm »
LOL, what a great way to head off to church.

I'm with you 100%. I've already warned my wife that if any liberal acquaintances start chirping it's not going to be pretty. Enough is enough, why treat people with any common decency if they lack any decency.

888high58888

I have no need to warn mine! She already knows!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2018, 04:09:40 pm »

Probably not, but Trump says a lot of things and he was trying to cut a little slack for the little woman.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2018, 04:11:43 pm »
As pointed out, “compelling” does not mean “credible”. And had Trump said otherwise we’d be in the midst of a media shakedown about how the President won’t listen to abused women and thinks they are all liars. Saying what he said was precisely the smart thing to say.

This chorus blaming the President or blaming “the Senate” is ludicrous....neither can get Kavanaugh confirmed until they get the votes of Flake and 1 of the 2 lib-chicks (Murk/Collins). Trump and Grassley had zero choice other than to agree to the 7 day FBI check because the alternative was failure....losing those 3 votes and having the nomination defeated.

So the blame goes 100% to Flake, Murkowski, and Collins. Blaming anyone or anything else is...well...dumb-a$$ery of the highest magnitude. Aim your damn fire where it’s deserved, not at our President nor the other 48 GOP Senators wanting to confirm Kavanaugh.

Yes!!!! @Mesaclone   I am just not in the mood for NTers right now.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2018, 04:16:25 pm »
Probably not, but Trump says a lot of things and he was trying to cut a little slack for the little woman.

Of all people, Trump has to be careful when talking about Ford.  I think the use of the word "compelling" was the right one.  It's not saying he believes her.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2018, 04:43:39 pm »
Of all people, Trump has to be careful when talking about Ford.  I think the use of the word "compelling" was the right one.  It's not saying he believes her.

One grows weary of always having to state the obvious before NeverTrumpers. Glad there are hearty folks like you around.  :patriot:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2018, 05:13:34 pm »
Oh isn't that rich.  Its really the same thing I said.  But it isn't horrible because you said it. 

I said the President decided not to have the vote.  Yes on Senates recommendation.  If you don't have the vote you don't have the vote.  Wouldn't make sense to have a vote without having all Republicans on board.  If it takes a week for FBI to hear the same thing out of Mark Judge that he already signed a statement saying so be it.

If I say the President was the one that postponed it is wrong, right?

Yes @Chosen Daughter  it is wrong.  It is horribly wrong and you know it. You chose to blame the President ... one of the innocent parties in this whole ugly mess when there are so many egregiously guilty parties that deserve blame.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2018, 05:14:55 pm »

So true, but thank goodness he does not have to be careful when discussing DiFi.  She is the true monster in this whole ugly mess.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2018, 05:15:54 pm »
Yes @Chosen Daughter  it is wrong.  It is horribly wrong and you know it. You chose to blame the President ... one of the innocent parties in this whole ugly mess when there are so many egregiously guilty parties that deserve blame.

That is correct.  Whipping the Senate votes is Cornyn's and McConnell's job, not the President's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2018, 05:16:57 pm »
So true, but thank goodness he does not have to be careful when discussing DiFi.  She is the true monster in this whole ugly mess.

@Emjay

Ripping her a new one was one of the best parts of Ghraham's soliloquy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2018, 07:01:32 pm »
@Emjay

Ripping her a new one was one of the best parts of Ghraham's soliloquy.
:thumbsup:

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2018, 07:06:04 pm »
We may lose this battle, if Flake, Murkowski and Collins vote 'No' as I fear they will.

But we will win the war.