Author Topic: Trump Follows Senate Lead, Orders FBI Investigation of Kavanaugh  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Trump Follows Senate Lead, Orders FBI Investigation of Kavanaugh
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2018, 08:43:02 pm »
This is why I consider these anti-Trump people the same as full fledged Rats. There isn't a dimes worth of difference between the two except Rats have spines and they don't.

This whole ugly episode should at least open the eyes of some of our dear NTers to the ultimate evil that Trump saved us from.

But it probably won't.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:10 pm »
Why you blaming anti-Trumpers for this? Trump is the one who's doing it. Trump called her testimony "compelling". And I think he's being honest.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 08:47:41 pm »
Oh, he IS messy no doubt. War is messy, and make no mistake, we are in the midst of a political war of a kind not seen since the run up to the Civil War. But it must be fought, because for most of us...and for the President...surrendering to Socio-Leftism is not an option. And...more importantly...this battle must be won in the political arena...for the very purpose of keeping it from escalating to a more visceral and literal fight. In this fight, the Quisling's like Flake and Corker can no longer be allowed a free pass when they are duplicitous...you would have us reward them by wooing them or condoning their complicity with the Left's agenda. Trump makes them pay a price for it. Bully for him.

At times, I must admit, I grow weary of your shallow misperceptions. I know you mean well, but if you think Trump doesn't have an instinctive insight into human behavior...and a corresponding ability to manipulate it...then you simply haven't been paying attention at all these past 2 years. He makes enemies...yes...and as the old saying goes "he chooses them well". But much of that is simply the consequence of actually fighting back when someone is attacking you...and attacking all that WE hold dear about this country and our Constitution. I'm all for gathering allies and pulling moderates into the fold, but there must be boundaries that cannot be crossed by these "moderates" and their must be a political price for their treachery when it occurs.

If nothing else, He has brought the RINO's and Dem collaborator types out into the open and exposed them fully for what they are...and while that is not cost free, as they will make him pay with occasional votes and continual backstabbing of their own party...it is a necessary evil. As I imagine you know, Trump's popularity amongst conservatives and specifically Republicans is at record levels...most of us want him inflicting a price on RINO's/NT's who collaborate with the Left at every opportunity...and yes, they did so PRIOR to Trump running for the Presidency. The difference is, they often did it in the shadows and back halls and got away with their complicity...no more!

The alternative to Trump's approach would be to let these RINO/NT types continue to undermine all things conservative in perpetuity....not acceptable in my book. And remember...for every Flake/Corker there are 10 waffler types who have moved right to avoid the scathing critique of our President. You won't hear their names, because they are doing all they can to blend back into the Conservative mainstream and to be loyal to the GOP in its fight against Leftist Extremism...they understand that there is now a cost for those who cozy with the Left while feigning to be on the Republican bus.

Amen, brother @Mesaclone   You are kind in describing the Quislings among us as 'meaning well.'  I'm not so kind.  I think they are ignoring the evil at the gates and clinging to petty grievances they won't let go of.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2018, 09:02:26 pm »
President Trump delayed.  He did it.  Get over it.  Its your president.  He could have ordered the vote if he thought that he would get Kavanagh confirmed.

Your fury here at Trump is misplaced, and demonstrates an ignorance of the process.  Trump can't order the Senate to do anything.  Don't you think Obama would have ordered the Senate to vote on Merrick Garland if a President had that power.

Unfortunately, "Neville" Flake and a couple of GOP female Senators gave the power to prevent this from coming to a vote even if that's what McConnell himself wants.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:43:58 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2018, 09:12:25 pm »
Your fury here at Trump is misplaced, and demonstrates an ignorance of the process.  Trump can't order the Senate to do anything.  Don't you think Obama would have ordered the Senate to vote on Merrick Garland if a President had that power.
?

Unfortunately, "Neville" Flake and a couple of GOP female Senators gave the power to prevent this from coming to a vote even if that's what McConnell himself wants.

I get truly sick at the colossal ignorance and willful misunderstandings held by the NTs among us. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2018, 09:19:55 pm »
I get truly sick at the colossal ignorance and willful misunderstandings held by the NTs among us.

You sure it's not just Alzheimer's?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2018, 09:23:18 pm »
Oh, he IS messy no doubt.
I'm glad we can agree on this, now I said President Trump is a F*** up.  Can we come to a closer agreement?

War is messy, and make no mistake, we are in the midst of a political war of a kind not seen since the run up to the Civil War.

War?  Civil War?  This isn't an issue of irreconcilable difference to me...like slavery.  To me it's an issue of competence, trust, honesty, respect, and integrity and neither tribe has any virtue.  I believe from your posts that those issue mean very little to you.  Very sad.

When there is a chance to own the liberals...the very liberals Donald Trump kissed the asses of, and donated money to, must be owned...some people claim there is a dimes worth of difference between the tribes, but when given a choice, I get jittery about President Trump having the power to destroy his enemies at the push of a button. 

I can't pretend to recognize Trump's appeal but I'm pretty sure voters are NOT demanding a change from the tax and spend policies of the rats, and now hunger for the tax and spend policies of the GOP.

Good for you if your dazzled by Trump's 14 dimensional chess playing.

But it must be fought, because for most of us...and for the President...surrendering to Socio-Leftism is not an option.

You can't be serious.  Did you see the spending bill he said sucked and then signed yesterday?  It's a joke right?  You're making a funny?

And...more importantly...this battle must be won in the political arena...for the very purpose of keeping it from escalating to a more visceral and literal fight. In this fight, the Quisling's like Flake and Corker can no longer be allowed a free pass when they are duplicitous...you would have us reward them by wooing them or condoning their complicity with the Left's agenda. Trump makes them pay a price for it. Bully for him.

Flake and Corker quit their party and their duty already.  What price can Trump extract now, by tweet, except a guaranteed book deal?  I don't understand you.

At times, I must admit, I grow weary of your shallow misperceptions.

Thank you for a really long reply in the midst of your weariness.  It goes on a lot longer...sorry I couldn't refute point by pedantic point.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:26:33 pm by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2018, 09:23:25 pm »
?

Can't and won't.  Trump said her testimony was compelling.  If he wanted them too then they would.  He is the "art of the deal".

I was shocked that he called her testimony compelling.  A lie detector test where she couldn't remember if it was the day of her grandmothers funeral or the day after?  She was in a motel room for goodness sakes.  She didn't even have to specify a date.  Can't remember.  Can't remember who's home or where.  Can't remember how many people and of what gender.

Why would anybody willingly take a lie detector test in your motel room on the way from your grandmothers funeral?  They asked her about flying.  She flies all the time.  For business and for pleasure yet she pretends like she would never make it to Australia because she is afraid to fly?  Even the prosecutor lady questioning that caught it.  She said something like I know that would be long.

LOL, credible my butt.  But President Trump said it was.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2018, 09:25:47 pm »
You sure it's not just Alzheimer's?

I am sure of it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2018, 09:39:48 pm »
We just lost the war.

...and Trump just surrendered.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2018, 09:41:15 pm »
Why you blaming anti-Trumpers for this? Trump is the one who's doing it. Trump called her testimony "compelling". And I think he's being honest.

Trump did not say credible; he said compelling, and I think he was attempting to avoid 'blaming the woman' which, as you know is a mortal sin.

He has indicated his unwavering support for Kavanaugh throughout this whole process.

That you choose to blame the fiasco on Trump instead of the evil, conniving democrats makes me question your sense of reality.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2018, 09:59:20 pm »
Trump did not say credible; he said compelling, and I think he was attempting to avoid 'blaming the woman' which, as you know is a mortal sin.

He has indicated his unwavering support for Kavanaugh throughout this whole process.

That you choose to blame the fiasco on Trump instead of the evil, conniving democrats makes me question your sense of reality.

I guess for some folks hate is more compelling than reason. The way I deal with that group is I simply dismiss them as hopelessly irrelevant and pay them no mind.

Trump is succeeding despite the critics from that amalgamation of conservative and Leftist that comprise those losers known as NeverTrumpers.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2018, 10:01:08 pm »
Didn't the investigation into the Anita Hill allegations wrap up in three days?  I haven't lost hope yet that this one can be wrapped up quickly as well. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2018, 10:03:35 pm »

That's one way of looking at it @libertybele    Another way of looking at it is Trump is the general postponing the battle until his troops are assembled and victory is assured.

BTW, the "war" we lost is more a battle.  Although we were thisclose to rendering it moot, the search and destroy democrat tactic lives to strike again.    This is Flake's legacy.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2018, 10:10:23 pm »

How? This is a Senate issue and the Senate asked him to do it to get his nominee through. This whole mess lays at Grassley's feet. He managed this whole thing poorly. He let the Rats run wild in those hearings. He hired that buffoon of a Prosecutor to get nowhere in questioning Ford to cover his weak ass. He allowed the Rats to push Flake around all morning until he changed his vote instead of just holding a vote. He is a disgrace.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2018, 10:14:07 pm »
That's one way of looking at it @libertybele    Another way of looking at it is Trump is the general postponing the battle until his troops are assembled and victory is assured.

BTW, the "war" we lost is more a battle.  Although we were thisclose to rendering it moot, the search and destroy democrat tactic lives to strike again.    This is Flake's legacy.

If Trump were postponing the battle he wouldn't have caved to the left.  He shouldn't have given the order for the FBI to investigate unless he has some proof that Kavanaugh (whom he selected) was guilty.  Either this definitely isn't one of Trumps good moves and it makes him look weak.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2018, 10:31:43 pm »
Trump did not say credible; he said compelling,

Glad we all agree.  Trump sucks.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2018, 10:45:24 pm »
Didn't the investigation into the Anita Hill allegations wrap up in three days?  I haven't lost hope yet that this one can be wrapped up quickly as well.

It ought to, as according to Grassley, the FBI already DID investigate it, as a matter of course. and returned the 'case closed' result.

So either Grassley was lying, or what is going on now is bullshit theater.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2018, 10:46:42 pm »
It ought to, as according to Grassley, the FBI already DID investigate it, as a matter of course. and returned the 'case closed' result.

So either Grassley was lying, or what is going on now is bullshit theater.

it's the latter, I think we all know it.  This is all about whipping two more votes in the Senate floor vote.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2018, 10:48:00 pm »
He allowed the Rats to push Flake around all morning until he changed his vote instead of just holding a vote. He is a disgrace.

Well, to be fair, as you and I have already discussed, 'pushing Flake around' was hardly necessary... At best, he was looking for an excuse.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2018, 10:49:28 pm »
If Trump were postponing the battle he wouldn't have caved to the left.  He shouldn't have given the order for the FBI to investigate unless he has some proof that Kavanaugh (whom he selected) was guilty.  Either this definitely isn't one of Trumps good moves and it makes him look weak.

According to Grassley, the FBI already investigated when the charges were raised. What now?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2018, 10:51:13 pm »
it's the latter, I think we all know it.  This is all about whipping two more votes in the Senate floor vote.

YEP. And I think it is about moving red-state Dems, not RINO Pubs.

Offline corbe

« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 10:51:40 pm »
   I always know when the Trumpers feel conspicuously vulnerable on any particular subject (defense of their party, the GOP), they start attacking the NT'ers (BFF's of the dem party).   

Nice allocation of resources there /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2018, 10:52:43 pm »
Well, to be fair, as you and I have already discussed, 'pushing Flake around' was hardly necessary... At best, he was looking for an excuse.

But why facilitate that?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2018, 10:55:31 pm »
I guess for some folks hate is more compelling than reason. The way I deal with that group is I simply dismiss them as hopelessly irrelevant and pay them no mind.

Trump is succeeding despite the critics from that amalgamation of conservative and Leftist that comprise those losers known as NeverTrumpers.

Thanks, @aligncare   I've really lost my patience with those losers in the last week or so.

We have been confronted with real evil ... evil that will stop at nothing ... and yet these idiots still cling to their hate Trump mindset.  I would wish they had to live in the world they would create except that we'd have to live there also.