Author Topic: Democrats in Senate Judiciary Committee walk out of hearing room in protest  (Read 326 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE HILL

URL: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408920-democrats-walk-out-of-hearing-room-in-protest

ALEXANDER BOLTON

Four Democratic members of the Senate Judiciary Committee walked out of the hearing room in protest after Republicans decided along party lines to schedule a “time certain” vote on Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh for 1:30 p.m.

Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) and Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) walked out of the room, causing a burst of activity from photographers in the well of the hearing room who captured the moment.

“I strongly object. This is just totally ridiculous. What a railroad job. My answer is no, no, no!” Hirono yelled out shortly before leaving the room.

Harris declined to vote, staying silent to protest Republicans handling of the nomination, as did Booker.

A clearly frustrated Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, rebuked the photographers for standing up to snap shots of the Democratic protest, obstructing the view of the audience, and threatened to kick them out.

“I’m sure a lot of people are irritated right now,” Grassley said as he wrapped up his comments.

He also reproached Harris for remaining silent during the roll call scheduling a vote on Kavanaugh.

“It breaks our rules and customs,” Grassley said.

The panel is expected to approve Kavanaugh's confirmation on Friday given the support of a key Republican, Sen. Jeff Flake (Ariz.).

(EXCERPT) CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 03:12:09 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
If they want to "walk out", let them.

There's nothing else left for them to do.

Besides, the room probably smells a lot better without them there!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good.  They should all just keep walking.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Extreme Left using this, to take control of the Senate.

Their case has all of the merit, of a blue hared 10 year old stomping around campus, nose rig and tats in view, demanding entry into the mens' restroom.

Do Antifa next march on the Senate building, to show Solidarity?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!