Author Topic: BREAKING. Collins, Murkowski, And Donnelly Make Their Decision on Kavanaugh  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Just_Victor

Re: BREAKING. Collins, Murkowski, And Donnelly Make Their Decision on Kavanaugh
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2018, 01:12:16 pm »
Keep praying...the Senate vote won't be until Mon or Tues...anything can happen
@mystery-ak I heard on the news this morning that they are considering holding the vote in the full Senate on Saturday.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline verga

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2018, 01:14:14 pm »
BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2018, 03:40:20 pm »
Thanks, Mr. President!

Indeed! One good man standing up for another.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:49 pm »
Elaina Plott
‏Verified account @elainaplott

Senator Doug Jones is officially a NO: “The Kavanaugh nomination process has been flawed from the beginning and incomplete at the end. Dr. Ford was credible and courageous and...
10:06 PM - 27 Sep 2018

At least we still have O'Donnell, Akin, and Angle.  Remember, it's very important to push ideologically pure candidates, even if they aren't good candidates.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2018, 04:02:51 pm »
@mystery-ak I heard on the news this morning that they are considering holding the vote in the full Senate on Saturday.

They have to hold a cloture vote first to vote to end debate.  Then, they have to have 30 hours of debate, followed by the final vote.  So the Saturday vote would be to enable a final vote on Monday.