Author Topic: Republicans Better Get On A War Footing In Kavanaugh Fight. They Have A Lot To Lose If They Don't..  (Read 421 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans Better Get On A War Footing In Kavanaugh Fight. They Have A Lot To Lose If They Don't
Matt Vespa

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 11:00 AM

This is going to be a hellacious week. And by hellacious, I mean a total mess. The Democrats are out for blood. The GOP is still figuring out what the hell they’re going to do—and the rest of us get a front row seat to gutter politics in its purest form. In other words, what politics is and what it has always been: a sewer fight. At the end of the day, to get something done, someone has to be defeated. Someone has to lose. On one side, the Democrats shudder at the thought of a solid conservative majority on the Court that will gut one of their favorite activities: aborting babies. On the right, conservatives see a solid majority on the Court, something they’ve dreamt of for ages. It’s within our grasp. Justice Anthony Kennedy retiring offered us that chance. Judge Brett Kavanaugh picked as the nominee. The hearings, which were rambunctious at times, went swimmingly. The confirmation vote was going to be smooth as well. The GOP has the votes. They still do. But then the sexual misconduct allegations came knocking because Democrats will do anything to slow the decline of their position in Washington.

These allegations lobbed by Christine Blasey Ford and Deborah Ramirez are 30-plus years old, there are gaps in the timelines, there are no corroborative witnesses, and there’s no evidence. Ford alleges an attempted rape at a high school party. Ramirez alleges indecent exposure at a college party at Yale. Evidence-free allegations work for the Democrats, whose entire game plan is to destroy Kavanaugh, derail his nomination, and run out the clock on the GOP being able to fill the vacancy before the midterms. Ford’s lawyers dragged their feet on trying to get her to go on the record, with the GOP offering her a private and public hearing, along with an option to have staffers fly to her home in northern California to get her account on record. They’ve reached out, but the Democrats pivoted. It’s hilarious.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/mattvespa/2018/09/26/republicans-better-get-on-a-war-footing-in-kavanaugh-fight-they-have-a-lot-to-lo-n2522818
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The democrats are, and always have been, on a war footing. The Republicans better be ready to answer fire with fire.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Well, seems like
- Kavanaugh fought back... HARD.
- Graham fought back... surprisingly so, and hard as well.
- Trump keeps fighting.

Abraham Lincoln commenting on General Grant's drinking habits:
"I can't spare this man.... he fights!"