Author Topic: After Linus Torvalds, SJWs are now coming for Ted Ts'o  (Read 456 times)

Offline endicom

After Linus Torvalds, SJWs are now coming for Ted Ts'o
« on: September 25, 2018, 05:12:31 pm »
IT Wire
Sam Varghese
Sept. 24, 2018

More than a week after Linux creator Linus Torvalds said he would be taking a break from leading kernel development, it is still unclear as to what actually led to his decision. But one thing is crystal clear: the social justice warriors, who played a role in what happened, are now targeting another kernel developer, Ted Ts'o, who works for Google.

Was it the article in The New Yorker, as its author claimed, that led to Torvalds stepping down? Or was it pressure from kernel maintainers who were annoyed that Torvalds had bungled his schedules and planned a family vacation at the time when the maintainers summit was supposed to be held?

It is clear from the article in The New Yorker that the whole aim of what was essentially a hit job, and far from the usual standards that this august publication maintains, was to try and draw a connection between Torvalds' habit of abusive emails and the #MeToo movement. Cohen even managed to work the word in: "Many women who contribute to Linux point to another open-source project, Python, as a guide for Linux as its faces its #MeToo moment."

More... https://www.itwire.com/open-sauce/84627-after-linus-torvalds,-sjws-are-now-coming-for-ted-ts-o.html

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: After Linus Torvalds, SJWs are now coming for Ted Ts'o
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 11:16:10 pm »
I'll lmfao if Linux gets hijacked by the sjw's which btw wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 11:35:27 pm »
I'll lmfao if Linux gets hijacked by the sjw's which btw wouldn't surprise me one bit.

That may be a done deal with the kernel developers. Some other areas of the open source community are fighting back, it seems.

Maybe the disaffected will develop a new kernel.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 12:34:53 am »
Some outfit ought to jump in and "take Linux commercial"...