Author Topic: House to vote on bill saying illegal immigrant voting 'devalues' votes from US citizens  (Read 336 times)

rangerrebew

House to vote on bill saying illegal immigrant voting 'devalues' votes from US citizens
by Pete Kasperowicz
 | September 21, 2018 12:39 PM
 | Updated Sep 21, 2018, 01:20 PM

The House next week will vote on a resolution from Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, the frontrunner to be the next speaker of the House, that says letting illegal immigrants vote "devalues" votes cast by U.S. citizens.

McCarthy's nonbinding resolution appears to be a reaction to the decision San Francisco made in 2016 to allow noncitizens and illegal immigrants to register to vote in school board elections. That decision was meant to reflect that a third of kids in public schools in that state have parents or guardians who are in the country illegally.

McCarthy's resolution noted that decision, but also noted federal law prohibits noncitizens from voting in elections for federal office.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/kevin-mccarthy-illegal-immigrant-voting-devalues-votes-from-us-citizens

rangerrebew

I'll bet the weak kneed leadership won't even be able to get this passed!  Instead of "devalues" they should have used the term democrats like to use, "disenfranchised."   10631

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I'll bet the weak kneed leadership won't even be able to get this passed!  Instead of "devalues" they should have used the term democrats like to use, "disenfranchised."   10631

Actually, this is a great bill to get vulnerable dims to go on record on their position on sanctuary cities.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.