Author Topic: Meet Noel Francisco, the man who will oversee the Mueller probe if Trump fires Rosenstein  (Read 350 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Meet Noel Francisco, the man who will oversee the Mueller probe if Trump fires Rosenstein
The solicitor general has argued for broad executive powers.
By Jen Kirbyjen.kirby@vox.com Sep 21, 2018, 4:40pm EDT

excerpt:

Francisco would have two options as Mueller’s new boss: He could keep the status quo and allow Mueller to continue the investigation, or he could choose to curtail Mueller’s mandate or even shut down the investigation.

Francisco, a prominent Republican lawyer, has some impressive conservative credentials. He clerked for Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia and worked in the Justice Department during the George W. Bush administration.

He’s also defended a broad interpretation of executive power — he even tried to argue a case before the Supreme Court that defended the president’s expansive power to fire executive branch officials. That case is unrelated to the Mueller probe, but Francisco’s argument, and his legal interpretations, offers some insight into the man who might soon take over Rosenstein’s job.

more
https://www.vox.com/2018/9/21/17888022/rod-rosenstein-fired-trump-noel-francisco
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Sounds damned good to me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

If you're going to Noel Francisco, be sure to wear some orange in your hair.

He should at least be not hostile to Trump.

Offline I-ambush

If you're going to Noel Francisco, be sure to wear some orange in your hair.

He should at least be not hostile to Trump.

“You’re gonna meet deplorable people there.”

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

....So...waiting for the DEMS to start with their accusations.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.