Author Topic: Stop This Idiocy And Confirm Him Kurt Schlichter  (Read 370 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stop This Idiocy And Confirm Him Kurt Schlichter
« on: September 24, 2018, 02:37:05 pm »
Stop This Idiocy And Confirm Him
Kurt Schlichter

Posted: Sep 24, 2018 12:01 AM

As I write this, the “I really, really wanna testify, but…” goalpost has moved west right past my house and out over the Pacific Ocean. You get the distinct impression that Christine Ford’s handlers are making it up as they go along – “She can’t testify on Monday because, I dunno, she’s afraid of airplanes. Yeah, that’s a thing now.”

The GOP is, as usual, afraid to be seen as insufficiently submissive. We have Chuck Grassley announcing, by tweets that sound like they were composed by a twelve-year-old texting her girlfriends after breaking into mom’s cooking sherry, that he’s ready to roll over yet again. The only way this could get worse is if the crusty Iowan discovered emojis:

“Sorry Brett gotta postpone ur vote until 2021 cuz reasons [Sad Face] [Blue Wave] [Poop].”

No. Hold the vote, confirm Kavanaugh, and then let him set about making the libs sorry they ever pulled this stunt.

I am not alone in my disgust and desire to fight this appalling atrocity. There is a weird disconnect between the elite and normal Americans on the Kavanaugh smear issue and so many others, as I chronicle in my book Militant Normals: How Regular Americans Are Rebelling Against the Elite to Reclaim Our Democracy, which drops next week (Pre-order it right this second so all 288-pages of the kind of liberal and Fredocon abuse you enjoy here at Townhall, but with more swears, will be delivered to you fresh from the furnace on October 2). Within the elite bubble, the Republican gimps are carefully trying to pretend that they should respect this bizarre and uncorroborated tale of convenience by a liberal activist while out in America, Normal people are all, “Nah, I don’t buy it. Confirm him.”

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/09/24/stop-this-idiocy-and-confirm-him-n2521803
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Stop This Idiocy And Confirm Him Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 02:43:45 pm »
Why not? Why not just do the vote and 'investigate' later. The Democrats have already said that they will impeach him. OK. So do all the investigations you want to, after the vote. The first thing is the vote. After that comes the so called 'investigations'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 03:12:06 pm »
Schlichter gets it on Cavanaugh.

The constant attempt to get laughs out of the reader is because he is/was also doing stand-up comedy according to his resume.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 03:17:30 pm »
Why not? Why not just do the vote and 'investigate' later. The Democrats have already said that they will impeach him. OK. So do all the investigations you want to, after the vote. The first thing is the vote. After that comes the so called 'investigations'.

That does seem to be the common sense approach, @240B

Too bad we can't get the entire GOP senate to vote for confirmation...the votes aren't there, guaranteed.

In fact, the few Senate Democrats who feel they need to vote 'yes', will not have to ...if those two broads vote 'no'.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 03:46:47 pm »
If you want to view a dirty window into the diseased soul of elite opinion-makers on the American Left,  I would suggest reading the latest diatribe from Maureen Dowd of the New York Times.

Be forewarned: you may need to take a drink beforehand. Or a bath, afterwards.

It is positively stunning in its reality inversion, and evinces moral blindness, deceitfulness, and relies on long-disproved slanders and omissions of material facts.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn