Author Topic: New York Times: 'Nearly impossible' for more Kavanaugh hearings to substantiate Ford accusation  (Read 390 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New York Times: 'Nearly impossible' for more Kavanaugh hearings to substantiate Ford accusation
by Eddie Scarry
 | September 24, 2018 09:53 AM

A New York Times story said it would be "nearly impossible" to prove or disprove Christine Blasey Ford's claim that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her more than 30 years ago, though that's exactly what the Senate Judiciary Committee will attempt to do this week.

Both Ford and Kavanaugh are scheduled to testify on Thursday. Ford claims that at a party more than 30 years ago, when she and Kavanaugh were teenagers, Kavanaugh attempted to drunkenly force himself on her and remove her clothes.

Kavanaugh will reportedly hand over old calendar schedules to the Senate, which he says would prove he would likely have never been at the party Ford has described.

"Along with a list of statements from other potential witnesses insisting they do not remember the episode, the pages only reinforced on Sunday that Judge Kavanaugh’s fate will rest in the hands of individual senators who must decide whose account they believe," read a report Sunday evening in the Times. "Senators looking to confirm or refute the allegations will face a nearly impossible task. Complicating matters, Dr. Blasey has said she does not recall the specific date or location of the house where the alleged incident occurred, though she believes it was during the summer of 1982."

Kavanaugh has vigorously denied Ford's accusation, and others she identified as having been at the party have also said they have no memory of the alleged assault taking place.

The White House has maintained its support for Kavanaugh.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/new-york-times-nearly-impossible-for-more-kavanaugh-hearings-to-substantiate-ford-accusation
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's why the story is so vague - impossible to prove or disprove.

And, while I appreciate Kavanaugh turning over calendars, since Ford didn't pick a specific date, it will be not be possible to definitively say that Kav was not at a party at an unspecified date.

And, who keeps calendars for 40 years?  Amazing organizational ability!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Christine Ford molested me as a child 30 years ago. I want to testify too! She is a horny sexual pervert!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline verga

Christine Ford molested me as a child 30 years ago. I want to testify too! She is a horny sexual pervert!
She had a go at me too.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I can't remember exactly when, or where, or how, it happened...but I know she molested me, and I am not afraid of airplanes. I will testify tomorrow!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

That's why the story is so vague - impossible to prove or disprove.

And, while I appreciate Kavanaugh turning over calendars, since Ford didn't pick a specific date, it will be not be possible to definitively say that Kav was not at a party at an unspecified date.

And, who keeps calendars for 40 years?  Amazing organizational ability!

Exactly. How do you prove a negative?

The whole point is that the Deep State has made it clear, that if you oppose us,  don't even bother accepting.  We will make your life Hell.