Author Topic: Kavanaugh: 'I will not be intimidated into withdrawing'  (Read 1376 times)

Offline endicom

Re: Kavanaugh: 'I will not be intimidated into withdrawing'
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 08:59:47 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline libertybele

Only if the GOP caves.

Not trying to equate them, but we ought to remember this -- The most perfect man in the world was CRUCIFIED.

Murkowski isn't going to vote for him and my hunch is Collins won't either. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

Yes, but Akin, O'Donnell, Angle, and Moore will.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline endicom

If more Pubs would speak to this travesty then the pressure on Flake, Collins and Murkowski could shift to voting for Kavanaugh. Maybe a few Dems, too.

Graham and Hatch have called this freak show what it is. Anyone else?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2018, 09:25:48 pm »
Collins made a statement today that she does not believe he's going to overturn Roe v. Wade.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/408164-collins-i-dont-believe-kavanaugh-will-repeal-roe-v-wade

Almost certain she's a vote for confirmation.  Maybe not Murkowski, but I don't see her as willing to be the lone GOP "no" vote.  Flake as well.

It gets really difficult to vote no based on these allegations where every single witness named by Ford herself fails to support her account.  It begs the question of when you'd ever believe a man, and while that may be okay among the mutants who make up the Democratic Party, that will not be tolerated by many Republicans.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 09:27:53 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online rustynail

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2018, 09:31:48 pm »
If he is not guilty why the denial?

Online roamer_1

Brett Kavanaugh sent a defiant letter Monday [...] As I told the Committee during my hearing, a federal judge must be independent, not swayed by public or political pressure. That is the kind of judge I will always be.”

I will admit that I did not hold Kavanaugh in all that high of esteem...

But now... I can see that it is in his character, that when he believes he is right, he is
IMMOVABLE.
I like that.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2018, 09:53:53 pm »
Dumb question!  22222frying pan
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I will admit that I did not hold Kavanaugh in all that high of esteem...

But now... I can see that it is in his character, that when he believes he is right, he is
IMMOVABLE.
I like that.

888mouth       :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2018, 10:06:30 pm »
@rustynail

Well that’s a ridiculous question...but the answer is:   Because this is not a legal battle.  This a public relations battle. And especially with so many already presuming guilt, silence would be construed (AND PORTRAYED) as an admission of guilt.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2018, 10:15:44 pm »
His letter was wonderful. I am so proud of his courage and conviction and willingness to carry on despite the heinous smears against him.

In the car today I flipped the radio to CNN to hear what the enemy was saying and they are smearing him for going on Fox tonight to defend himself. Juan Williams smeared him for this as well today and he was called on it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2018, 10:38:36 pm »
Brett Kavanaugh on Monday said he will "not be intimidated into withdrawing".....

Dude.  Phrasing.....
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2018, 12:47:43 am »
Brett Kavanaugh on Monday said he will "not be intimidated into withdrawing".....

Dude.  Phrasing.....

Lol....

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2018, 01:41:26 am »
The letter is good, and I suspect he'll repeat much of the same in his appearance before the Senate panel on Thursday.

But... he's going to have to show some emotion, as well.
He better not be "too dry" in his presentation.
Not too "lawyerly".
He must come across as a man whose dignity has been subjected to a vicious and unjustified attack.

It was Clarence Thomas' righteous indignation that won the battle for him back in 1991.

Justice Thomas ought to call Judge Kavanaugh before Thursday and offer some advice and counselin' ...!