Author Topic: China's Catholic Church pledges loyalty to Party after Vatican deal  (Read 459 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Reuters
September 23, 2018 / 6:56 AM / Updated 7 hours ago

[excerpt]

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-china/chinas-catholic-church-pledges-loyalty-to-party-after-vatican-deal-idUSKCN1M30E4

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - China’s Catholic Church reaffirmed its loyalty to the country’s ruling Communist Party on Sunday, while welcoming a landmark deal struck with the Vatican on appointing new bishops.

The Vatican on Saturday signed an agreement giving it a long-desired and decisive say in the appointment of bishops in China, though critics labeled it a sellout to the government.

China’s around 12 million Catholics have been split between an underground Church swearing loyalty to the Vatican and the state-supervised Catholic Patriotic Association.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Absalom

Re: China's Catholic Church pledges loyalty to Party after Vatican deal
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 10:53:24 pm »
As such, it has nothing further to do w/ the Church of Christ, Peter, Paul and Rome!!!

Offline kidd

Re: China's Catholic Church pledges loyalty to Party after Vatican deal
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 12:25:01 pm »
I was in China in 2016.
Before I went, my priest told me (after checking with experts in the archdiocese) to NOT go to church there.
If I went to Mass in the real (underground) Church, I would put them in danger.
If I went to mass in the fake China church, I would be attending a phony church that had no apostolic succession and one that supports abortion.

Fortunately, I was able to find American Masses that had been recorded and were available on-line