Author Topic: China said to call off trade talks as tariff war escalates: WSJ  (Read 519 times)

Offline Suppressed

China said to call off trade talks as tariff war escalates: WSJ
« on: September 22, 2018, 10:23:46 am »
China said to call off trade talks as tariff war escalates: WSJ
-China was set to send two separate delegations to Washington, but both have been canceled, the Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.
-The talks have been in play for weeks, but President Donald Trump's new raft of tariffs has undermined efforts to dial back tensions.

Javier E. David   | @TeflonGeek
Published 8 Hours Ago  Updated 5 Hours Ago

China has canceled planned trade discussions with the United States as both sides escalate their dispute in the wake of a new round of tariffs, The Wall Street Journal reported on Friday.

This week, President Donald Trump slapped a fresh round of tariffs on Chinese goods ahead of scheduled trade talks with Beijing, placing 10 percent duties on $200 billion of goods. China almost immediately retaliated with tariffs on $60 billion in U.S. products.

[...]

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/21/china-said-to-call-off-trade-talks-as-tariff-war-escalates-wsj.html
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

Re: China said to call off trade talks as tariff war escalates: WSJ
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 10:24:16 am »
Showing they're desperate and on the ropes.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: China said to call off trade talks as tariff war escalates: WSJ
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 09:57:38 pm »
Showing they're desperate and on the ropes.

And there's NO other markets the size of the US to dump their cheaply made crap in.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com