Author Topic: WHAT?? Mother Arrested for Punishing 15-Yr-Old Daughter by Taking Cell Phone Away  (Read 950 times)

rangerrebew

WHAT?? Mother Arrested for Punishing 15-Yr-Old Daughter by Taking Cell Phone Away

Written by Warner Todd Huston

Police in Michigan idiotically arrested a mother who punished her teen daughter by taking a cell phone away from the girl. You read that right, police ACTUALLY arrested this mom for disciplining her daughter.

The incident wrapped up last week in Hudsonville, Michigan, where a prosecutor finally dropped the charges Tuesday against mother Jodie May. But the whole thing should never have gotten to the point where prosecutors were considering charges in the first place.

https://eaglerising.com/62502/what-mother-arrested-for-punishing-15-yr-old-daughter-by-taking-cell-phone-away/

Offline libertybele

...and the folks is a prime example as to why this country is in the poor shape that it's in.  God forbid if we discipline or correct our children.  It is seen as abusive and cruel.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Slide Rule

That cell phone would be heading for the shop vice.
Squeeze mode would remove its fascination.
Video to follow.

(
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:12:26 pm by Slide Rule »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Applewood

The link refers to an article at WOOD's website.   

https://www.woodtv.com/news/ottawa-county/mom-in-court-for-taking-phone-from-daughter/1457736631

Looks to me like the mother's ex called the police on her because he claimed the cell phone was his and she stole it b y taking it away from their daughter.  A matter of a domestic problem between the mother and her former husband, not that she was abusing her child.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Weird story. I wonder what the cops were thinking. And how did the dispatcher even send it out to the cops. Me thinks the ex-husband must know somebody in the city or in the police department. Otherwise, this would have been dismissed before it ever made to the cops on the street. Somebody pulled some strings to make this happen.

Also, all the mom had to do was to call the cell phone provider and cancel her daughter's service. You can cancel the service temporarily and then there is no need to keep the phone hidden somewhere.

You can't get arrested for not paying for something you don't want.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:41:56 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Applewood

Weird story. I wonder what the cops were thinking. And how did the dispatcher even send it out to the cops. Me thinks the ex-husband must know somebody in the city or in the police department. Otherwise, this would have been dismissed before it ever made to the cops on the street. Somebody pulled some strings to make this happen.

Also, all the mom had to do was to call the cell phone provider and cancel her daughter's service. You can cancel the service temporarily and then there is no need to keep the phone hidden somewhere.

You can't get arrested for not paying for something you don't want.

If the phone service was paid for by the father, the mother might not be able to cancel the service. 

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If the phone service was paid for by the father, the mother might not be able to cancel the service.

That's a shame. I've been divorced with children involved and have been involved with divorces of my friends with children involved. I've seen first hand how children can be used as ammunition in the war between mother and father. It never ends well. And the biggest loser is always the kids. Especially when the parents put them in the, "Who do you love more?" scenario. Which does happen 9 out of 10 times. That is a crazy impossible decision for a child to make.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's a shame. I've been divorced with children involved and have been involved with divorces of my friends with children involved. I've seen first hand how children can be used as ammunition in the war between mother and father. It never ends well. And the biggest loser is always the kids. Especially when the parents put them in the, "Who do you love more?" scenario. Which does happen 9 out of 10 times. That is a crazy impossible decision for a child to make.

Agreed.  It sounds like the father should have been arrested for being a butthead.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Agreed.  It sounds like the father should have been arrested for being a butthead.

True. The psychological effects of this are lifelong. Once the child understands that they can manipulate their parents against each other for personal gain, then 'love' is no longer about emotion or feeling. 'Love' becomes a bargaining chip to be used to control people. That is a terrible lesson to teach a child.