Author Topic: Ted Cruz Finally Shuts The Door On The Bad Blood Controversy Between He And Trump  (Read 7888 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Good grief.  Smearing?  Who is smearing??  Facts and the truth.  That's all I'm relaying.

I vowed since the very beginning of Trump's inauguration to support him; however that support has never been blind, nor should it be.  Our POTUS has done a lot of good, but I still cringe at some of the things he says and does.

@Right_in_Virginia   Listen, and listen hard.  I have supported you and I have supported Trump since he won the election.  You know that.

You are doing your cause far more harm than good by your reaction to the mention of the name Ted Cruz.  You and another poster have acted like Superman to Kryptonite. 

It is unfair and it is unbecoming and it turns your friends into enemies.

Wise up and do it now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline skeeter

You’re right, it doesn’t.  But it does take stones to own up to your own words... and you’re still failing to do so.

And nope...I, like others here, have just spent 20 months being told that:

We are the problem
And ironically, we are irrelevant (not sure how we can both of those things, but there it is.)
That we are the enemy
That we are not conservative
That we support the Dems
That we supported Hillary
That we are not allowed to criticize trump.

Perhaps what we should do is this:

Please trump supporters:  provide us a list of what IS acceptable speech.   What are we allowed to do that will meet with your blessing?  What is your code of conduct regarding  trump?  What can we say that won’t get your tail feathers ruffled (or your curiously tan colored shirts wrinkled)
@Axeslinger, my words aren't the kind that need to be 'lived up to'. They result from my observations. Take em or leave em.

And I'll say once again I-don't-care-what-you-believe.

This is a discussion board, if I can have a nice discussion, great. If not, I'll say my piece and move on.

Offline Axeslinger

@Right_in_Virginia   Listen, and listen hard.  I have supported you and I have supported Trump since he won the election.  You know that.

You are doing your cause far more harm than good by your reaction to the mention of the name Ted Cruz.  You and another poster have acted like Superman to Kryptonite. 

Wise up and do it now.

@Emjay
And to this I say:

:beer:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

You’re right, it doesn’t.  But it does take stones to own up to your own words... and you’re still failing to do so.

And nope...I, like others here, have just spent 20 months being told that:

We are the problem
And ironically, we are irrelevant (not sure how we can both of those things, but there it is.)
That we are the enemy
That we are not conservative
That we support the Dems
That we supported Hillary
That we are not allowed to criticize trump.

Perhaps what we should do is this:

Please trump supporters:  provide us a list of what IS acceptable speech.   What are we allowed to do that will meet with your blessing?  What is your code of conduct regarding  trump?  What can we say that won’t get your tail feathers ruffled (or your curiously tan colored shirts wrinkled)

Dwelling on the past get us absolutely nowhere.  I believe it is necessary to support this President in order to stop the left from taking us to a point of no return.  Taunting one another is futile especially just months before the mid terms.  Just imagine if the GOP loses the mid terms...ask yourselves then what?  What will this country be like?  Julian Castro, Elizabeth Warren, Dianne Finestein, Maxine Waters, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chucky Schumer, Beto O'Rourke, etc., etc., are these the people you want to have the majority??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wise up and do it now.

What the bleep are you talking about @Emjay?  And while you're at it, maybe you could also tell me who the bleep you think you are.

Offline Axeslinger

Dwelling on the past get us absolutely nowhere.  I believe it is necessary to support this President in order to stop the left from taking us to a point of no return.  Taunting one another is futile especially just months before the mid terms.  Just imagine if the GOP loses the mid terms...ask yourselves then what?  What will this country be like?  Julian Castro, Elizabeth Warren, Dianne Finestein, Maxine Waters, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Chucky Schumer, Beto O'Rourke, etc., etc., are these the people you want to have the majority??
@libertybele
As I said a couple days ago on another thread:

“Our beef is with the authoritarian wannabes who simply CANNOT accept that we have a different opinion of trump than you do.
Are we actively working to undermine him? NO
Do we think that all of the Mueller stuff is crap and a danger to the Republic?  YES
Are we going to vote for our local R Congress critter this November to at least try to maintain the majority?  YES
Do we think trump has done some things worth a damn?  YES
Have we admitted as much?  YES

And still that’s not good enough for all of you.   I’m sorry, but y’all are doing more to damage trump than any of us because you refuse to accept our God given right to think what we want as Free men.”

Modified to say:  the “you” in those paragraphs are not directed at you libertybele
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:22:00 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Emjay
And to this I say:

:beer:

Still have a hate-on for me @Axeslinger ?   I'm starting to think somewhere along the line I've broken your heart.   wink777

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I have tried to make that point over and over @libertybele   I've bought 'em books and I've bought 'em books but they just won't learn.

We see daily how ruthless, evil and out of control the left has become.  Just look at what they're trying to do to Judge Kavanaugh.  They will stop at nothing.  They are our enemy.

All this petulant whining against Trump is just so useless and stupid in the face of what we're up against.

But they love to do it.

Offline Axeslinger

Still have a hate-on for me @Axeslinger ?   I'm starting to think somewhere along the line I've broken your heart.   wink777
@Right_in_Virginia

I only have a “hate-on” for people with zero intellectual honesty.  You can decide for yourself if that shoe fits.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:25:19 pm by Axeslinger »

Offline corbe

You broke mine @Right_in_Virginia and as I was running red lights to get home for my well deserved cry, I noticed my balls were gone, too.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
What the bleep are you talking about @Emjay?  And while you're at it, maybe you could also tell me who the bleep you think you are.

I am trying to help you. Who I think I am is a person who has supported you pretty constantly and you know that.

I am trying to tell you that when you go ballistic against your own side because you hate Ted Cruz so much you make enemies out of friends and hurt your cause.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

You broke mine @Right_in_Virginia and as I was running red lights to get home for my well deserved cry, I noticed my balls were gone, too.

I gotta say @corbe you can always make me laugh.  And your balls have had such a hard time lately, I am at the point of tears myself just thinking about it.

And I've also had a glimpse of the dark side of the lady you love so much.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:beer:    :laugh:

She's a keeper alright!   Love her! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Axeslinger, my words aren't the kind that need to be 'lived up to'. They result from my observations. Take em or leave em.

And I'll say once again I-don't-care-what-you-believe.

This is a discussion board, if I can have a nice discussion, great. If not, I'll say my piece and move on.

@skeeter  Knows what he is talking about. For gosh sakes, some of us supported Cruz, I know Skeeter did and he may have been even skeptical of Trump at first. All of this is so divisive.

It's really tradition, if one merely leans Republican, you go through the primary, a nominee is made and then, you support that guy. I do respect that some will not like the nominee whomever it may be.

Offline Mod5

Heavy Sigh.

I see the Mod's request to lighten this up fell on some deaf ears.  Locking for just a couple hours so everybody can go find another hobby horse.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Yeah, and the Cruz campaign committed all kinds of dirty tricks in state after state, too many to say "oh, but Ted didn't do it".

Lying about what Rubio said about the word of God, the Bible, saying Kasich was taking Soros money, claiming Carson first and then, Rubio later, were dropping out. Hey, that's different.

It's not different and the deal is that this happened a lot, not just some statement one can point at by Trump, some statement or numerous, I don't know where the red line is. So, again, those not agreeing with Cruz here, (surprise)  have no moral authority on this.

@Once-Ler

And again, to the best they can, they have done a lot for the pro-life struggle. Others left that struggle but talk about being "pro-life", yeah, right.  Because the bigger picture is more important.
@TomSea
I sometimes think the GOP doesn't deserve the scorn I heap on it.  Then the Trumpers bad mouth Rubio, Kasich, Carson, and Cruz...for no other reason than to elevate Trump.  The people you trample on were not that great anyway.  You're not any taller.

Offline roamer_1

*** @roamer_1   You, OTOH, chose your 'weapon' early on.  You found a brother in Invar.

No, @DCPatriot , @INVAR has ALWAYS been my brother. I chose nothing. I am standing upon the very ground I ALWAYS have. The same ground all y'all claim to stand upon.

Your moral standard, of which I'm sure you live 24/7/365 the best you know how, is unrealistic for most people, let alone a self-made billionaire from Queens, NY.

Not true at all. It is the very same standard of my father's day, and of his father before him. All of my family (and I do mean ALL, few exceptions) are self-made, several are well above 7 figures, and still retain their moral compass... Mayberry RFD was still there, but half a lifetime ago... simply a fact.

It was not me who chose, DC. It was y'all.

A billionaire who recognizes the wisdom of trickle down economics.  One who recognizes you have to take pics and donate to people who you wouldn't play golf with on a regular basis.

Billy Jeff Clinton is his friend. He's been to Epstein's Island for Pete's sake. Stop the bullshit. After all the GALLONS of turd polish y'all have used, it still won't cover that up.

But a tip-of-the-cap to you roamer...despite the overwhelming evidence to support his accomplishments/efforts to roll back destructive Obama policies, you too state you'll do it from the sidelines because there's not a nickel's worth of difference between the two parties.

And that's the crux of where you get 'thrown off the island'.  No matter how engaging, no one should take seriously, anyone who STILL won't acknowledge the stark differences between the Republican and Democrat parties.   :laugh:

That's because there is no difference. If you want to have that throw-down, start a thread and I will kick your butt with it. Every EO and Administrative order is nothing but paper mache... An illusion. It ALL goes away with the next administration. So with that in mind, what is it that this AMAZING administration has done that we actually get to keep? PLEASE DO REPLY, because that list is not very long at all.

When you can admit that you will see.... Left foot, right foot, slouching ever toward Gomorrah.

I never disliked Ted Cruz.  Had he won, I'd have supported him just like I did McCain and Romney.

But I knew nobody stood a chance against Donald Trump.  From any party.

This messianic bullshit just has to stop.

And just as I suspected as evidenced by this thread...there is still a lot of tension between the primary factions... three years on.

Not from me. I care not at all. What's past is past. That's why my participation on this thread is pretty well limited to you. But what hasn't passed and what will not pass is the churlish and vindictive nature of your petty king - as it was shown on full display, in the primaries. That I DO care about, because that is ever on-going. You've made your bed with him... Go lie in it.

Either one stands upon the truth or one does not. There is no middle ground.

Silver Pines

I don't give a rat's ass whether people criticize Trump or not.  And that is a good thing because I know they will.

I just don't see the upside in spending all your time doing that, but if it makes you happy, go for it.

@Emjay

Why not?  Trump supporters deny it when we give him credit, so I figure, go for broke.

But I still don't have an answer to my question.  You admit our criticism here doesn't have a real-world effect, and you say it doesn't bother you, so what does "giving up petty grievances and focusing on the enemy" mean?  What does it entail and how do we do that?

Offline libertybele

No, @DCPatriot , @INVAR

Either one stands upon the truth or one does not. There is no middle ground.

:amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Santorum doesn't come from a big red state, wasn't as polished but he basically said all of this back in 2012.

Also, Cruz had Glen Beck, decided advantage over some candidates, it's all in a race. It's not like he was totally helpless out there. One can say National Enquirer wasn't good for Cruz but no way will I concede that they decided all of those races, Mississippi, South Carolina and so on. He should have gotten one as he won I believe Montana and Wisconsin and other states.  So, those people are just smarter or less gullible? Just one state.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Why not?  Trump supporters deny it when we give him credit, so I figure, go for broke.

But I still don't have an answer to my question.  You admit our criticism here doesn't have a real-world effect, and you say it doesn't bother you, so what does "giving up petty grievances and focusing on the enemy" mean?  What does it entail and how do we do that?

@CatherineofAragon    You don't do that at all because it is your greatest joy to dwell on your grievances.

I'm trying to explain the way sensible people in our situation would act.

I'm not really talking to NTers.  I'm just venting as you all do. Why does it bother you so much?

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon    You don't do that at all because it is your greatest joy to dwell on your grievances.

I'm trying to explain the way sensible people in our situation would act.

I'm not really talking to NTers.  I'm just venting as you all do. Why does it bother you so much?

@Emjay

Again with no answer to my question, but forget it.  Like I figured,you know the criticism doesn't effect Trump at all.  You just don't like hearing it.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
@Emjay

Again with no answer to my question, but forget it.  Like I figured,you know the criticism doesn't effect Trump at all.  You just don't like hearing it.

I don't know what you want me to say.  @CatherineofAragon   I don't like the repetitive downer posts of the NTers but I know they don't have any effect in the real world.  They don't have any effect on Trump and yes, I get really bored reading them.  Do you happen to have a Bible?