Author Topic: McConnell On Kavanaugh: ‘We’re Gonna Plow Right Through It And Do Our Job’  (Read 236 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Friday afternoon that the turmoil surrounding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh will not stop the Republican Party from cutting through the clutter and doing its job.

“You’ve watched the fight. You’ve watched the tactics. … In the very near future, Judge Kavanaugh will be on the United States Supreme Court,” McConnell told a conservative audience at the Values Voter Summit in Washington.

He was referring to the sexual assault accusations swirling around President Donald Trump’s pick to head the court. “Don’t get rattled by all of this. We’re gonna plow right through it and do our job.”

https://dailycaller.com/2018/09/21/mcconnell-kavanaugh-confirmation/
The Republic is lost.

Online corbe

I believe him.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have to give Mitch "TheTurtle" his due here.   I think he has handled all this about as well as it could have been handled thus far.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien