Author Topic: Chicagoland: Man accused of spray-painting anti-Muslim graffiti in Homer Glen charged with hate crim  (Read 248 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Man accused of spray-painting anti-Muslim graffiti in Homer Glen charged with hate crime

Patrick Goshorn (Will County Sheriff)

By Mike Nolan Daily Southtown
September 20, 2018

A 26-year-old Homer Glen man has been charged with a hate crime for allegedly spray-painting anti-Muslim graffiti on a home in that community, according to Will County Sheriff Mike Kelley’s office.

Patrick J. Goshorn, of the 13000 block of Finch Court, also was charged with one felony count and one misdemeanor count of criminal defacement to property, police said in a news release.

On Monday, sheriff’s deputies had been called to a home about a block west of where Goshorn lives, where a homeowner stated her vehicle and the sidewalk in front of her home had been vandalized with brown spray paint. The homeowners vehicle had brown spray paint on the taillights, trunk and bumper, and the sidewalk was spray-painted with an anti-Muslim message, police said.

Read more at: http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/news/ct-sta-homer-glen-graffiti-st-0921-story.html

Guy looks like a thinker and I'd think to some ladies, probably is a bit handsome.

Anyway, people get wrapped up emotionally in things, we had a case where a man of Far Eastern Asian heritage did something in town and the articles even quoted him "I hate Muslims".... and then, on an unrelated subject, some guy in the neighborhood got all upset at the 2012 presidential election result and kicked over some Obama signs. I think he was enough of an upstanding citizen, they didn't prosecute or anything.

But it does show how some people act up. One should generally stay away from acting out on compulsive behavior such as the above.

It sounds like the guy has a history of this but if it is not too serious, perhaps he needs to be committed more than face criminal charges. Say for a period of 1-3 months in a mental health facility. Just my opinion.