Author Topic: Censure Dianne Feinstein  (Read 838 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Censure Dianne Feinstein
« on: September 21, 2018, 03:00:59 pm »
   Censure Dianne Feinstein
By Michael W. Schwartz

September 21, 2018 6:30 AM

The Senate cannot let this wrong go unaddressed.

Regardless of the fate of Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination, the Senate should censure the ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee, Dianne Feinstein. Her deception and maneuvering, condemned across the political spectrum, seriously interfered with the Senate’s performance of its constitutional duty to review judicial nominations, and unquestionably has brought the Senate into “dishonor and disrepute,” the standard that governs these matters. As a matter of institutional integrity, the Senate cannot let this wrong go unaddressed.

Article I, Section 5 of the Constitution provides that each House of the Congress may “punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour.” Nine times in American history the Senate has used that power to censure one of its members. Feinstein has richly earned the right to join this inglorious company.

The senior senator from California not only disgraced herself personally in the underhanded and disingenuous way she dealt with the sex-assault charge against Judge Kavanaugh, but she also misused her position on the Judiciary Committee and broke faith with her fellow committee members. She was further, to quote the San Francisco Chronicle, no less, “unfair” to Judge Kavanaugh — manipulating the public disclosure of the charge so as to maximize the adverse publicity Judge Kavanaugh received and minimize the judge’s opportunity to defend himself. Censure is appropriate in this case for the Senate to defend its procedures and institutional reputation.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/09/kavanaugh-hearings-dianne-feinstein-senate-should-censure/

« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 03:02:06 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Censure Dianne Feinstein
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 03:12:55 pm »
 :amen:  This must be addressed and the penalties should be severe!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 07:04:38 pm »
I especially found the SF editorial interesting.  But if I were Ford, I'd be mad at the WashPost -- they're the ones who leaked it to the Intercept and other journalists.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 10:33:07 pm »
I especially found the SF editorial interesting.  But if I were Ford, I'd be mad at the WashPost -- they're the ones who leaked it to the Intercept and other journalists.

The country is bending over backwards for Ms. Ford @LauraTXNM   She has no damn right to be "mad".

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 10:33:55 pm »
Can we throw in her 30 years employing a Chinese spy?

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 11:42:02 pm »
Can we throw in her 30 years employing a Chinese spy?

And even She's not Anti American enough for her own home State Rat Pack..

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2018, 01:12:53 am »
Feinstein will have a special place reserved for her in the afterlife.

My guess is the eighth circle Fraud of Dante's Inferno.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:13:48 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2018, 01:15:14 am »

So.....how did WaPo get the name to leak?   :pondering:

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2018, 01:18:09 am »
So.....how did WaPo get the name to leak?   :pondering:

@Sanguine They couldn't run the story, so they gave it to the Intercept (maybe someone else as well, I'm not sure).  The Intercept originally broke the anonymous story.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2018, 01:22:04 am »
@Sanguine They couldn't run the story, so they gave it to the Intercept (maybe someone else as well, I'm not sure).  The Intercept originally broke the anonymous story.

"They" being the democrats?

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 02:03:50 am »
"They" being the democrats?

@Sanguine, nope, "they" the WashPost.  Ford had sent them the anonymous story before she gave it to her Representative, who then gave it to DiFi.