Author Topic: Christine Blasey Ford Makes Ridiculous Demands Before Testifying  (Read 7226 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Christine Blasey Ford Makes Ridiculous Demands Before Testifying
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2018, 08:23:35 pm »
Why don't some of you folks read all of the posts before beclowning yourselves?

Thomas and Hill were both government employees when the 'alleged' assault took place.
That made it a Federal investigation and appropriate!

Kavanaugh and the accuser were high school kids!

That would have been a State responsibility to investigate ... If it had been reported Before 36 years had passed!

@mrclose

Thank you for taking the time to type that out TWICE on this thread!  I guess you have to hit some people upside the head with a 2X4 to get their attention.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:47 pm »
@mrclose @Bigun  I can find a more right-leaning source if you'd like, but FBI is the agent of the President in cases of presidential appointees.  All that's needed is for the President to request additional investigation. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/can-fbi-investigate-allegation-against-brett-kavanaugh-n911036

I guess you missed this.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:34:02 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2018, 08:32:05 pm »
@mrclose  @Bigun Here's a Fox article that states the President can request follow up investigation: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/19/fbi-will-not-launch-criminal-investigation-into-kavanaugh-allegations.html

There's a WSJ article that has more specifics, but it's behind a paywall.  I read it "grayed out": https://www.wsj.com/articles/can-the-fbi-investigate-the-kavanaugh-accusations-1537452001
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 08:34:27 pm by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2018, 08:33:14 pm »
So there is overwhelming information that the President (not the Senate) can request further FBI investigation of a nominee.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2018, 08:41:51 pm »
@mrclose The investigation is background research for an applicant for a federal job.  It's not about whether he was a federal employee when it happened.  The FBI investigation is standard.

Kavanaugh has, through his years in public service, undergone SIX FBI background checks --- the most recent being this year.

Ms. Ford is asking for the FBI to specifically investigate her claims of sexual assault.  Investigating such a claim from almost 40 years ago involving two teenagers is not the within the charter of the FBI.  Not even for Ms. Ford @LauraTXNM   They have no jurisdiction.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2018, 08:54:41 pm »
Kavanaugh has, through his years in public service, undergone SIX FBI background checks --- the most recent being this year.

Ms. Ford is asking for the FBI to specifically investigate her claims of sexual assault.  Investigating such a claim from almost 40 years ago involving two teenagers is not the within the charter of the FBI.  Not even for Ms. Ford @LauraTXNM   They have no jurisdiction.

@Right_in_Virginia  If you look st the numerous articles above, there is precedent, and the President absolutely can ask the FBI to do additional investigation.  If Trump had asked the FBI on Tuesday, they could have taken three days like they did with Anita Hill and be finishing up right now.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2018, 08:55:09 pm »
So there is overwhelming information that the President (not the Senate) can request further FBI investigation of a nominee.

The president had better not go one inch - not a single millimeter - out of his way to accommodate this bullsh*t rat ploy. Its not deserving of another minute of his, nor the judiciary committee's, time. Enough.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2018, 08:58:54 pm »
The president had better not go one inch - not a single millimeter - out of his way to accommodate this bullsh*t rat ploy. Its not deserving of another minute of his, nor the judiciary committee's, time. Enough.

That's obviously his choice.  But it is incontrovertible that the President can request further investigation, and the FBI would do it.  It's false of other posters to say it isn't standard practice. 

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2018, 09:00:11 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia  If you look st the numerous articles above, there is precedent, and the President absolutely can ask the FBI to do additional investigation.  If Trump had asked the FBI on Tuesday, they could have taken three days like they did with Anita Hill and be finishing up right now.

No, no and no.

Again, Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas were not teenagers at the time of the alleged events ... they were both Federal employees at the time.

This is a bleeping BIG difference @LauraTXNM and it matters.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2018, 09:01:13 pm »
No, no and no.

Again, Anita Hill and Clarence Thomas were not teenagers at the time of the alleged events ... they were both Federal employees at the time.

This is a bleeping BIG difference @LauraTXNM and it matters.

The point I made, is that it is FACTUALLY INCORRECT to say the President can't do it, or the FBI can't do it.  That is my entire point.  Bye!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2018, 09:02:22 pm »
That's obviously his choice.  But it is incontrovertible that the President can request further investigation, and the FBI would do it.  It's false of other posters to say it isn't standard practice.

If it requires the president request additional investigating then the clear implication is it would be a non standard procedure.

Offline LauraTXNM

« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2018, 09:05:27 pm »
If it requires the president request additional investigating then the clear implication is it would be a non standard procedure.

That has been done before.

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2018, 09:08:47 pm »

I've got to ask this @LauraTXNM   Have you a single clue as to what is happening here?  Seriously, do you understand the political obstruction that is taking place?

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2018, 09:09:26 pm »
That has been done before.

Now you're being deliberately obtuse @LauraTXNM and you are really pissing me off.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2018, 09:19:49 pm »
It's false of other posters to say it isn't standard practice.

What the Dems are doing to try to destroy the reputation of an honorable man,  and to subject his family to abuse,  sure as hell better not become "standard practice".   Let this woman come forward and make her case under penalty of perjury.  Until then, I see no reason for the FBI to lend credence to this obvious and shameful partisan set-up. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2018, 09:26:35 pm »
Not sure how that would happen, if neither she or her lawyer is in the room to hear his testimony.

And, how does he respond to her statements if he doesn't know what she's going to say? 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2018, 09:30:35 pm »
There is another prominent investigation of ‘nothing substantial’ right now that is entering its 15th (16th?) month.

Didn't that one start in July, 2016?  It's over 2 years now.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2018, 09:32:06 pm »
I disagree.  There are putative witnesses to question, classmates of both of them.  And please remember, this is not "just" groping.  This is someone (according to her story) holding her down, trying to get her clothes off, and covering her mouth.  Groping is someone grabbing your butt or your boob.  Please know, there is a difference.

And...all the witnesses so far have denied even being there.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2018, 09:32:28 pm »
Didn't that one start in July, 2016?  It's over 2 years now.

Yes that's right. I lost a year somehow.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2018, 09:33:50 pm »
All:  unless I’m sorely mistaken, @LauraTXNM has, to her credit, honorably proclaimed that she IS a dem...just saying.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:35:07 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2018, 09:35:27 pm »
I agree!  And just as the FBI investigation of Anita Hill came up inconclusive, the FBI might not find anything here.  But the attempt is necessary.

No, ma'am it was not inconclusive - they "found no foundation" to the claims.  Quite a bit different.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2018, 09:42:43 pm »
What could they possibly investigate?  All the supposed witnesses say it didn't happen and Ford doesn't know where it happened or even when.

Online corbe

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2018, 09:46:53 pm »
   Despite her political bent @Axeslinger she argues her position passionately, PLUS she pizzes off @Right_in_Virginia so she earns a spot on my list.   @LauraTXNM
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:48:10 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2018, 09:48:05 pm »
What could they possibly investigate?  All the supposed witnesses say it didn't happen and Ford doesn't know where it happened or even when.

:thumbsup:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2018, 10:03:44 pm »
  :thumbsup:

But, but, but....#MeToo!!!!

Ha!  The trump (pardon the pun) card has been played.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson