Author Topic: 'Code for no black people': New York bar's 'racist' dress code sparks online debate  (Read 601 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Kerry Justich
Yahoo
September 21, 2018

Rochester, N.Y., resident Herbert Smith wasn’t aware of the controversy he was about to create when he was moved to post a photo of a local bar’s dress code to his Facebook page. But since he took to social media to share the long list of items that can’t be worn inside the Murphy’s Law Irish Pub in his neighborhood, some people are calling out the bar for enforcing a “racist” dress code.

While making plans with a friend to meet up at a nearby bar, Smith received a picture of the questionable dress code posted in the front window of Murphy’s Law. He tells Yahoo Lifestyle that “it immediately struck a chord.” Although he wasn’t entirely sure what to think about it, he decided to call attention to it.

“I post a lot of stuff on Facebook, so I thought a few of my friends would chime in,” he says. “But what happened next I was not expecting.”

More

Online andy58-in-nh

Addicted to outrage.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like it is more anti Hillbilly.

Online andy58-in-nh

We's outraged!!!!!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

re: No.s 8 & 9

Considering a line share of the 200-300 year progression of hillbillies. VA/NC. ---- > KY/TN. ------> S. Mo/AR  are Scotch Irish (Ulster Scots) , surprised that an Irish pub would act in such a manner.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Frank Cannon

BTW just about every strip club in America has had this dress code policy to keep the gang bang crowd from shooting up the places and raping the talent. This is nothing new.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Nowadays they'll have to have a picture of Eminem or some white wannabe gang-banger with said attire. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald