Author Topic: Dershowitz rejects 'I believe her' crowd: 'Are women born with a special gene for telling the truth?  (Read 623 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dershowitz rejects 'I believe her' crowd: 'Are women born with a special gene for telling the truth?'
by Pete Kasperowicz
 | September 21, 2018 07:57 AM

Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz on Friday rejected the idea that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's accuser should be believed simply because she is a woman, and said people who say "I believe her" are basing that assessment on almost zero evidence.

"The most disturbing thing is these people who are on television, some people I know and respect, [who say] 'I believe her,'" Dershowitz said on Fox News.

"You never met her. You don't know anything about her," he said. "Are women born with a special gene for telling the truth, and men with a special gene for lying?"

"I don't believe her. I don't believe him," he added. "I have an open mind, I want to hear both sides of the story and make a determination."

Dershowitz warned against the creation of multiple standards of justice in America, and said that would lead to a politicization of the justice system. He said in this case, the decision to confirm or not confirm Kavanaugh should be based on evidence, "not genetic belief in the inferiority or superiority of one gender."

Democratic supporters of Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, have said they found her story "credible." Ford said Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her in 1982 when they were both in high school, at a party where he threw her onto a bed, groped her, and tried to remove her clothes.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dershowitz-rejects-i-believe-her-crowd-are-women-born-with-a-special-gene-for-telling-the-truth
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

No comment and....

Cautiously hopeful women will respond first before the men chime in.

No sense in stirring up shit from since the dawn of time.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'm with the Prof on this......women are catty bitches.

Offline ConstitutionRose

I am female.  Truth telling is neither genetic or gender related.

I am appalled that a member of my gender would set out to destroy the career and reputation of another human being for political reasons.  I am terrified for my son, my stepson, my grandson that they have to live in a world where they can be destroyed by an accusation that is without factual basis, but MUST be believed because the accuser is female.

My personal life experience is that the females who make these vague and hysterical accusations are invariably crazy.  In dealing with our female clients, there are some I put off limits to my partner and our male techs for their own safety. 

There are some seriously screwed up females out there.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
On Maria Barteromo's show this morning, Dersh called for a full blown, six month FBI investigation too.  He's all over the road on this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

I am female.  Truth telling is neither genetic or gender related.

I am appalled that a member of my gender would set out to destroy the career and reputation of another human being for political reasons.  I am terrified for my son, my stepson, my grandson that they have to live in a world where they can be destroyed by an accusation that is without factual basis, but MUST be believed because the accuser is female.

My personal life experience is that the females who make these vague and hysterical accusations are invariably crazy.  In dealing with our female clients, there are some I put off limits to my partner and our male techs for their own safety. 

There are some seriously screwed up females out there.

:thumbsup:

As another female, I'm appalled at the herd mentality among women.  I just don't think too many women think for themselves.  That bothers me because I'm old enough to remember when there were still limits in education and employment for females.  Today women are better educated and they have career opportunities that weren't possible when I was younger.  Yet, so many of these well educated women are incredibly dumb when it comes to things like this.  Someone has to tell them how and what to think.  Then whatever they are told, they believe and accept as gospel truth without evidence. 

I've been in touch with some of my female friends and they all believe her too.  When I ask things like, "where is the proof" and why didn't Miz Ford come forward years ago," they have no answer.  To them if the allegation was made, it has to be true.  Some of these friends worked with me at law firms, so they should know better than to believe a claim without proof.  But they are liberal feminists and in their world, all men are pigs, always  raping and mistreating women.  It's in their feminist bible.  So if a woman says she was mistreated by a man, it's the truth.   *****rollingeyes*****

These women wanted to be  "liberated" and most of them are.  So why do they let others dictate to them what their opinion on something like this should be.

Offline ConstitutionRose

:thumbsup:

As another female, I'm appalled at the herd mentality among women.  I just don't think too many women think for themselves.  That bothers me because I'm old enough to remember when there were still limits in education and employment for females.  Today women are better educated and they have career opportunities that weren't possible when I was younger.  Yet, so many of these well educated women are incredibly dumb when it comes to things like this.  Someone has to tell them how and what to think.  Then whatever they are told, they believe and accept as gospel truth without evidence. 

I've been in touch with some of my female friends and they all believe her too.  When I ask things like, "where is the proof" and why didn't Miz Ford come forward years ago," they have no answer.  To them if the allegation was made, it has to be true.  Some of these friends worked with me at law firms, so they should know better than to believe a claim without proof.  But they are liberal feminists and in their world, all men are pigs, always  raping and mistreating women.  It's in their feminist bible.  So if a woman says she was mistreated by a man, it's the truth.   *****rollingeyes*****

These women wanted to be  "liberated" and most of them are.  So why do they let others dictate to them what their opinion on something like this should be.

Don't get me started! :facepalm:

When my stepdaughter starts complaining I want to throw up.  I went back to school in my late 30's and I was the only female in my classes.  I was denied interviews because I was female.  There were many instances of inappropriate behavior by my males coworkers.  There were even more instances of down right hostility.  I was not going to let them win.  The reason these young women have so many opportunities is because others paved the way for them in very difficult circumstances.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
As a woman, I'm ashamed and appalled at the liberal women coming out to give total credence to this vague and unproved and unprovable story. Women are turning into bullies. That idiot Hinoro or whatever her name is, telling men to just shut up and do the right thing for once, set my blood boiling. That shrieking Hillebrand may have replaced Hillary on my @h!t list and that is hard to do.
Principles matter. Words matter.