Author Topic: Blasey Ford asks Senate to limit press access for Kavanaugh hearing  (Read 398 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Christine Blasey Ford’s lawyers have asked senators to limit the press who will be allowed in the room to cover Thursday’s hearing with her and Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and sought to dictate at least some of the outlets.

Coverage is one of a number of issues Ms. Blasey Ford’s lawyers are negotiating with Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Michael Bromwich said in emails sent Tuesday afternoon that he was requesting access for three “robocams,” three specific wire services, photographers from the Associated Press, Reuters and one unspecified service, and a pool reporter for newspapers and magazines. In a follow-up email he specified that the robocams should be operated by “the CSPAN TV pool,” and said he also wanted space for a radio reporter.

Those emails were among several seen by The Washington Times detailing the tense negotiations between Ms. Blasey Ford’s team and committee staff.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/sep/25/accuser-senate-limit-press-kavanaugh-hearing/
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Blasey Ford asks Senate to limit press access for Kavanaugh hearing
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 02:19:26 am »
Frankly I can't see why any Republican person of Congress or Senate would buy into this.  It is so blatantly obvious it is a smear.

Of course she doesn't want the press to see she really has no credibility.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

Re: Blasey Ford asks Senate to limit press access for Kavanaugh hearing
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:51:35 am »
Frankly I can't see why any Republican person of Congress or Senate would buy into this.  It is so blatantly obvious it is a smear.

Of course she doesn't want the press to see she really has no credibility.

Exactly why I want to see a tough atty question her and all the media in the room so everyone can see what a joke this loon is. It really is a shame the pc culture has so overtaken this country that this loon got away with smearing a man with made up accusations from over 35 years ago. In a more adult time Feinstein would have been laughed out of the room for even bringing all this up after the committee was done.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home