Author Topic: Dem calls for House uprising if Kavanaugh confirmed without hearing from Ford  (Read 737 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Dem calls for House uprising if Kavanaugh confirmed without hearing from Ford
Washington Examiner, Sep 19, 2018, Naomi Lim

A House Democrat called on his colleagues Wednesday to "rise up" if Republican senators push forward with Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation without hearing from his sexual assault accuser, Christine Blasey Ford.

"For the men and women of the House of Representatives, we must rise up in disgust and anger and make certain that our voice is clear," Rep. John Garamendi, D-Calif., said during an interview with CNN. "Get the facts out. Give this woman the benefit of the doubt. Don't treat her as so many women have been treated time after time in courtroom after courtroom."

Only the Senate has advise and consent responsibilities under the Constitution, rendering the House powerless to express any concerns over nominees named by the president for certain administration positions.

Instead, Garamendi suggested that he and other House lawmakers march over to the Senate because Kavanaugh's nomination was a "defining moment in the #MeToo movement."

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/dem-calls-for-house-uprising-if-kavanaugh-confirmed-without-hearing-from-ford

I guess they're trying to come up with a Plan B if Ford refuses to testify.   :smokin:

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:20:45 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
God I am sick of this story....confirm him already and get it over with..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

This story isn't ending until after the midterms ..... even with Kavanaugh sitting on the Supreme Court.

Offline Frank Cannon

I guess you missed the story today where discredited shitbag and congenital liar Anita Hill made her presence known today. That shit was from 30 years ago and you think this story will ever go away? Expect Ford to hit the airwaves on every SC pick from now until her death.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fearless prediction:
If the democrat-communists take the House in November, watch one of their first actions in January to file articles of impeachment against Justice Kavanaugh.

Assuming that there IS a "Justice Kavanauh" by then...

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
The Dems seem to have little idea how playing this dirty game simply galvanizes Republicans and conservative to unite and vote.   This is personal, in a way it never was until now.   If I'm a conservative, and want to run for office,  I am my family will be subjected to gangsterism.   This needs to be opposed, for it is antithetical to the social compact that has bound this country together.   You don't ruin and threaten good people for willingness to serve in public office.   You don't spring secret, lurid charges at the last minute,  deliberately bypassing Senatorial procedures and norms of ethical behavior.

I posted the other day a stray idea about reconciliation,  suggesting that after Kavanaugh's confirmed and RBG assumes room temperature, Trump consider nominating Merrick Garland.   Stupidest thing I've every written.   There is no loyal opposition, just an opposition being consumed from within by moral maggots.       
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Thank God for President Donald Trump, and thank God the Democommies are utterly clueless.  The Democommie resistance movement, what amounts to nothing more than abdicative management, is beautiful to watch.  Who in their right mind would vote for someone that refuses to engage and be involved?  Only a dumb fool.  Sadly we as a nation have our share.  But the UGLY TRUTH (or perhaps beautiful truth) is that the Dems are the single greatest force that will drive every Republican and Moderate to the polls to make sure they do not win, or even come close.

Simply stated, the Dems are dumb as a stump.  And no wonder, look who is leading them.  Ugggh!

Maxine, you keep harping about impeachment.  And keep embracing a kook that claims she was attacked 36 years ago.  Forget the fact she never said anything for decades, forget the fact that her facts are rather hazy, forget the fact that Soros and Clinton operatives are directly involved with this kook, just keep it up until the election please.  And with the bimbos on The View, who will deliciously harp on the kook's story until the election, believe me, we will see record turn out for Republicans and Moderates in November.  RECORD TURNOUT!

AMERICA IS TIRED OF THE DEMOCOMMIES AND THEIR LACKLUSTER MINDSETS, THEIR COMPLETE DISENGAGEMENT WITH GOVERNANCE, which they are being highly compensated for I might add.

Any Republican that does not vote in favor of Kavanaugh should be voted out of office.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Go ahead rise up!  It won't hurt them to rise up from their dirty politics.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

The Dems seem to have little idea how playing this dirty game simply galvanizes Republicans and conservative to unite and vote.

I am certain you are correct that today's episode of our favorite reality show has Republicans, conservatives, and Trump fans screaming at their TVs.  I'm no longer a Republican, and I can't call myself a conservative. It no longer means fiscal restraint, free trade, reverence for God, and the Constitution and more.   I'm no closer to Trump (who has spent more time talking about Meuller than Kavanaugh) or the GOP.  I don't know if this does anything to independents, but I do think this also galvanizes the left.  They'll say Sen Feinstein may not be perfect, but "SHE FIGHTS!!!"  I doubt either tribe will lose or gain many loyal viewers.

I'd love to know which writer came up with the idea to have the rats mimic President Trump's style, of doubling down on a bat-sh1t crazy and easily disprovable lie, just to get more media coverage and drum up donations.  A brilliant plot twist.

This is personal, in a way it never was until now.   If I'm a conservative, and want to run for office,  I am my family will be subjected to gangsterism.   This needs to be opposed, for it is antithetical to the social compact that has bound this country together.   You don't ruin and threaten good people for willingness to serve in public office.   You don't spring secret, lurid charges at the last minute,  deliberately bypassing Senatorial procedures and norms of ethical behavior.

I agree with everything but the last 4 words.  "Norms of ethical behavior" = The crimes of the other side justify the actions of our tribe.

I posted the other day a stray idea about reconciliation,  suggesting that after Kavanaugh's confirmed and RBG assumes room temperature, Trump consider nominating Merrick Garland.   Stupidest thing I've every written.   There is no loyal opposition, just an opposition being consumed from within by moral maggots.       

I posted the other day that it might have been wise to nominate Amy Barrett in the age of MeToo , but later realized she'll be needed if RBG retires.  Maybe somebody in the Administration is thinking ahead.

:beer:  Good post.  Glad you're fired up if you think it makes a difference, just wanted to offer you my take since I usually agree with yours, and I'm happy to agree that the rats suck, their wrong, and they should be ashamed.