Author Topic: Democrats moving the goalposts on Kavanaugh, again and again  (Read 339 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats moving the goalposts on Kavanaugh, again and again
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:36:29 pm »
September 19, 2018
Democrats moving the goalposts on Kavanaugh, again and again
By Monica Showalter

The latest on the Supreme Court confirmation saga of Judge Brett Kavanaugh is a doozy, according to this headline from the Washington Post: "Woman who accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault wants FBI to investigate incident before she testifies to Senate."

That's because it represents yet another effort to move the goalposts in wrapping up this nomination for the Supreme Court.  They've done that a lot, something like four times.  None of us is dumb.  We all know that the Democrats' plan is to run out the clock on the nomination and hope the Senate shifts to the Democrats at the midterms to ensure that only a leftist can be seated on the high court.  If that means ruining an innocent man's life with an unprovable charge, well, that's something the left's comfortable with, because Kavanaugh is a Republican, and not just any Republican, but the worst kind in their books: a Trump nominee.

Small wonder that even the GOP moderates with no love for Trump, such as Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee, are starting to catch on to this Lucy-pull-the-football maneuver and are getting sick of it.

We have come a long way around the bend with this charge, and the goalposts are still moving around.  We haven't even been at this a week, and have seen something like four or five shifts in getting the confirmation off the ground.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/democrats_moving_the_goalposts_on_kavanaugh_again_and_again.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Democrats moving the goalposts on Kavanaugh, again and again
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:59:06 pm »
Damned right they are and doing it purposefully!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Democrats moving the goalposts on Kavanaugh, again and again
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:01:05 pm »
Bigun wrote:
"Damned right they are and doing it purposefully!"

They're not finished yet.

Lot's of talk right now that the woman "won't show up" at the hearing on (is it?) Tuesday. That she wants the FBI to investigate first, blah, blah, blah. Even some folks here in this forum sayin' "game over, man!"

I think this could be a trap.

I'm thinking this is being put out to "get the Pubbies overconfident and off their guard".
... And that come Tuesday, she will be there waiting at the door, and the Pubbies will be completely unprepared.

This one ain't over till it's over.
And it's A LONG WAY from being "over" right now.