Author Topic: Kavanaugh accuser has not yet accepted invitation to testify before Congress  (Read 644 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kavanaugh accuser has not yet accepted invitation to testify before Congress

By Alex Pappas | Fox News

Much has been made of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford’s invitation to testify before an open hearing of the Senate Judiciary Committee next week -- but it’s not yet set in stone she will actually show.

Fox News is told that the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee on Monday night reached out to Ford’s lawyers to invite her to next Monday’s open hearing to discuss her allegation of sexual assault against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, but she has not responded yet.

Ford, a California-based professor, revealed her identity over the weekend in a Washington Post report. She said that Kavanaugh, while in high school, pinned her down, tried to remove her bathing suit and put his hand over her mouth when she attempted to scream. Kavanaugh has denied the allegation.

The announcement of the last-minute hearing evoked memories of the 1991 Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings, where senators  scrambled to arrange a hearing after Thomas was confronted with sexual harassment accusations by law professor Anita Hill. Thomas denied the accusations and was narrowly confirmed.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/kavanaugh-accuser-has-not-yet-accepted-invitation-to-testify-before-congress.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
But her lawyer assured us that the accuser wants to be heard. I think there's a good chance she won't show.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline goatprairie

If the weasels in the senate give in and oust Kavanaugh, it might be impossible to ever have a true conservative, male  justice.
Every time a Republican president would nominate a suitable conservative male, the Dems will produce someone like the leftist wacko Prof. Ford who will claim to have been sexually assaulted by the candidate some time in the past.
Hard evidence will not be necessary, just the merest allegations which many spineless Republicans will take to be strong proof.
Take a stand now for Kavanaugh and damn the torpedoes...full speed..er... confirmation ahead.

Offline SirLinksALot

But her lawyer assured us that the accuser wants to be heard. I think there's a good chance she won't show.

Grassley suggests last-minute Kavanaugh hearing could be canceled if accuser doesn’t accept invite

SOURCE: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/kavanaugh-accuser-has-not-yet-accepted-invitation-to-testify-before-congress.html

EXCERPT:

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Tuesday raised the possibility that next week’s high-stakes open hearing to examine the sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh could be canceled if the accuser doesn’t accept the committee’s invitation.

Grassley, R-Iowa, scheduled a hearing for Monday for Kavanaugh and accuser Christine Blasey Ford to answer questions from senators about the allegation. But Grassley said during a Tuesday radio interview that his office has reached out several times to Ford and her attorneys to discuss her allegation, but has heard nothing back.

“We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours three or four times by email and we have not heard from them, and it kind of raises the question, do they want to come to the public hearing or not?” Grassley said on The Hugh Hewitt Show.

Asked whether there would be a hearing if Ford did not agree to appear, Grassley suggested he couldn’t see a reason to hold one.

“What would be the purpose of the hearing if Dr. Ford doesn’t want to respond?” Grassley said.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So what happens if she refuses?  Kavanaugh doesn't get to clear his name, and the three traitors (Traitor Jeff lead among them) can hide behind their statements about not voting for him without a hearing?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline SirLinksALot

So what happens if she refuses?  Kavanaugh doesn't get to clear his name, and the three traitors (Traitor Jeff lead among them) can hide behind their statements about not voting for him without a hearing?

We still have this principle in the United States of America -- an accused person is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Offline RetBobbyMI

Just like high school antics. They write something slanderous on a bathroom wall and it’s spread all over the campus. The victim never gets to clear their name. This is the DemRat strategy. Traitor McFlake included.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Frank Cannon

You know this happened to me once. My invitation to a Christmas party got mixed up with my neighbors mail. Took a couple days to finally get it. Maybe this happened to her?

Offline SirLinksALot

You know this happened to me once. My invitation to a Christmas party got mixed up with my neighbors mail. Took a couple days to finally get it. Maybe this happened to her?

Unless we believe Grassley is lying,  The Judicial Committee has attempted to contact her lawyer SEVERAL TIMES.

Also, their eagerness to have her testify is FRONT PAGE NEWS. This has nothing to do with invitations getting mixed up.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She is doing this for the fun and theatrics of it. Testifying under oath is likely too serious a step for her. She wants to keep the thing as a rumor/allegation without having to delve into serious legal proceeding which could wind up boomeranging on her.

She wants to 'put it out there in the public zeitgeist' as they say, without putting herself in any kind of legal jeopardy. She want to make the accusation without having to take responsibility for it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Kavanaugh accuser has not yet accepted invitation to testify before Congress
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 05:02:25 pm »

We still have this principle in the United States of America -- an accused person is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

Doesn't apply to Republicans in government.  You know that.   :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Kavanaugh accuser has not yet accepted invitation to testify before Congress
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 07:24:02 pm »
Only yesterday:

Asked if Ford was willing to testify before the committee on the allegations, Katz said she was "willing to do whatever is necessary" to make sure the committee has the "full story."

As the day wears on, still no response from the accuser. If a man with years of public service without a hint of impropriety and having passed six FBI vettings, can be destroyed by an allegation from high school, what will the future hold?

Saw a crawl on Fox News that a source close to Kavanaugh says he doesn't know the accuser. I believe him.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 07:42:16 pm »
Only yesterday:

Asked if Ford was willing to testify before the committee on the allegations, Katz said she was "willing to do whatever is necessary" to make sure the committee has the "full story."

As the day wears on, still no response from the accuser. If a man with years of public service without a hint of impropriety and having passed six FBI vettings, can be destroyed by an allegation from high school, what will the future hold?

Saw a crawl on Fox News that a source close to Kavanaugh says he doesn't know the accuser. I believe him.

Apparently he was just about the only guy in the High School that didn't know that "Town Pump."
I will NOT comply.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 07:45:27 pm »
The liar needs to amend her story :P
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2018, 12:58:18 am »
A thought occurred to me while reading this thread (and it's dangerous when I start "thinking")...

If the democrat-communists are successful in thwarting this confirmation -- and from the looks of the wussy Republican senators, I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 right now that the rats will prevail -- Mr. Trump ought to use the power of recess appointment to put Judge Kavanaugh onto the Supreme Court at the first opportunity when the Senate recesses.

He has the power to do this.
The left will SCREAM.
Let them.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 01:00:34 am »
A thought occurred to me while reading this thread (and it's dangerous when I start "thinking")...

If the democrat-communists are successful in thwarting this confirmation -- and from the looks of the wussy Republican senators, I'd say the odds are better than 50/50 right now that the rats will prevail -- Mr. Trump ought to use the power of recess appointment to put Judge Kavanaugh onto the Supreme Court at the first opportunity when the Senate recesses.

He has the power to do this.
The left will SCREAM.
Let them.

I'm with you, 110%

But I'm not giving up on his confirmation next Thursday.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald