Author Topic: GOP: The economy will shield us from blue wave  (Read 498 times)

Online corbe

GOP: The economy will shield us from blue wave
« on: September 16, 2018, 12:16:56 am »
GOP: The economy will shield us from blue wave

BY JULIEGRACE BRUFKE AND SCOTT WONG - 09/15/18 08:11 PM EDT 

Bob Woodward’s new best-selling book portrays Donald Trump’s White House in a state of chaos. The president is under fire for claiming Democrats inflated the death toll from Hurricane Maria. And Trump’s former campaign chairman is now cooperating with special counsel Robert Mueller.

Congressional Republicans say ignore all those distractions: The booming economy is the only thing that will matter to voters in November.

The unemployment rate is below 4 percent. The stock market is climbing. Blue collar jobs are growing. And help wanted signs are abundant.
Just this week, the Census Bureau released data showing that median household income climbed to $61,400 last year, back to levels not seen since before the 2008 financial crash.

“At the end of the night, when people look at their paycheck and they look at the discretionary funds that they have today that they didn't have two years ago, they will say, ‘I may not like the president, but I like the policies,’” said Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.), a member of the conservative Freedom Caucus that’s closely allied with Trump.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/406805-gop-the-economy-will-shield-us-from-blue-wave
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: GOP: The economy will shield us from blue wave
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 12:32:08 am »
Like it did in 2006?

Yeah.... okay.

It will be an interesting muse to see the talking heads and pundits spin how and why the shield "failed" should the GOP lose it's ass - as it did back then... and for similar reasons.

Moreso this time than then.

Fool me once proverb applies.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Absalom

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 01:02:24 am »
So only economics matters?
Only a beyond stupid party would believe that.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 01:19:48 am »
    Newt pulled it off with his Contract for America, We love reruns, damnit!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 01:33:52 am »
I'm willing to bet that the Dems will take the House in the midterms yet, not suprisingly to me, "the economy will shield us from the blue wave" people aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is.   *****rollingeyes*****
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 02:19:35 am »
I'm willing to bet that the Dems will take the House in the midterms yet, not suprisingly to me, "the economy will shield us from the blue wave" people aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is.   *****rollingeyes*****

I’m willing to bet that the GOP WANTS the blue wave.   They’ll get to say it’s our fault for Trump getting impeached (because we didn’t show up), but ultimately his impeachment is what THEY want too.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 02:21:58 am »
   That's some deep $hit @Axeslinger BUT absolutely on Target!

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 02:30:10 am »
   That's some deep $hit @Axeslinger BUT absolutely on Target!
@corbe    We can thank the lucidity brought on by a couple fingers of Jameson, I’m sure.

:beer:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Concerned

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 02:32:17 am »
I’m willing to bet that the GOP WANTS the blue wave.   They’ll get to say it’s our fault for Trump getting impeached (because we didn’t show up), but ultimately his impeachment is what THEY want too.

You may be onto something there.  Trump and many of his supporters do seem to like to play the victim card.   *****rollingeyes*****
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 03:01:03 am »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They made that self-evident truth manifest some time ago. 

We sometimes forget in the mad rush of insanity that deluges us daily.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775