Author Topic: GOP Gives Up On Repealing Obamacare  (Read 2955 times)

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: GOP Gives Up On Repealing Obamacare
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 02:14:31 pm »
I know how the government doesn't work.  It doesn't work.  When I say he is in the driver seat I mean he is responsible to make clear the agenda.  To force his platform.  He has power and he can hold it over them.  Its not lets make a deal, he is supposed to be art of the deal.  Obviously it isn't important or he would be pushing it.

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 06:39:10 pm »
The GOP gives up...really? Wow, who ever heard of that happening? That never happens..LOL. That's all they ever do.

This is the most significant difference between the Leftist/Liberals and the Republicans. The Leftists never give up until they are dead, dead, dead, and in the ground. Just like the Liberal Leftist John McCain did. That is how they roll. The GOP are the Mormons of the political world and the Dems are the Hustlers who take advantage of them every day.

GOP: We want to repeal obamacare.

Dems: Nope
GOP: OK, you're right. We give up.

Dems: We want to impeach Trump.
GOP: You can't. You have no evidence.
Dems: We will fight this for 10 years to the gates of Hell to make it happen!

The Liberals don't even know how to 'give up' because they've never done it. Nothing stops them. No laws, No rules, No ethics, no nothing. They fight to the death over everything they want.

We should look at McCains pal Lindsey Graham and his friends.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:40:12 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2018, 06:43:50 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Well not sure what is funny but it is gang of 8 McCain friends pulling the puppet strings of government.  While President Trump had done all he can to tweet away Sessions who historically is on board with his agenda.

Besides recusing himself Sessions has done the job Trump hired him to do according to the platform.  How many times have I heard "do nothing Sessions"?

Sessions puts new target on MS-13

By JOSH GERSTEIN
  | 10/23/2017 01:41 PM EDT

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is further escalating the Trump administration's drive to eradicate the violent gang MS-13 by designating the group as a legitimate target for federal interagency task forces typically focused on drug trafficking and money laundering.

Speaking to police chiefs in Philadelphia Monday, Sessions announced that he's putting the El Salvador-based gang in the cross-hairs of the federal government's Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces—alliances that coordinate law enforcement agencies such as the Drug Enforcement Administration, the International Revenue Service, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

"They all have one mission: to go after criminal gangs and drug traffickers at the highest levels," Sessions told the International Association of Chiefs of Police conference. “Now, they will go after MS-13 with a renewed vigor and a sharpened focus. I am announcing that I have authorized them to use every lawful tool to investigate MS-13—and not just our drug laws, but everything from RICO racketeering to our tax laws to our firearms laws. Just like we took Al Capone off the streets with our tax laws, we will use whatever laws we have to get MS-13 off the streets."

https://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2017/10/23/jeff-sessions-ms-13-244073
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:57:24 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online DB

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 07:19:26 pm »
Everyone seems to forget that before Trump ran as a Republican he wanted a "Canadian style" healthcare system here in the US - hence single payer. And during the campaign he said that "those who couldn't afford health insurance, the government was going to pay for it". In addition he said he was going the require coverage of preexisting conditions. Coverage of preexisting conditions is not insurance. Its like requiring coverage for a house after it burned down... The only way to cover preexisting conditions is mandated purchase of health insurance - which the Republicans just got rid of - or single payer.

So all the smoke and mirrors about repealing Obamacare were simply lies and have been the entire time. They are getting what the wanted while denying ownership of it. They own it. Lock stock and barrel.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 07:40:50 pm »
Everyone seems to forget that before Trump ran as a Republican he wanted a "Canadian style" healthcare system here in the US - hence single payer. And during the campaign he said that "those who couldn't afford health insurance, the government was going to pay for it". In addition he said he was going the require coverage of preexisting conditions. Coverage of preexisting conditions is not insurance. Its like requiring coverage for a house after it burned down... The only way to cover preexisting conditions is mandated purchase of health insurance - which the Republicans just got rid of - or single payer.

So all the smoke and mirrors about repealing Obamacare were simply lies and have been the entire time. They are getting what the wanted while denying ownership of it. They own it. Lock stock and barrel.

I guess they heard what they wanted to hear because they also missed when he said he would have a big beautiful door in the wall.  That he was going to send all the people out and then they could come back in through the door.  Touchback amnesty.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2018, 11:43:01 pm »

Of course it was smoke and mirrors.  Trump promised "great healthcare" and "“insurance for everybody".  Just more promises from a con man:  like "repeal and replace on day 1", "lock her up", "Mexico will pay for the wall", that he could eliminate the debt in 8 years, that he'd propose a Constitutional Amendment within the first 100 days, that he'd "drain the swamp", etc. etc. etc.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 01:49:45 am »
  Dear Lord!  Not on president TRUMP.  The one vote, needed to do that, was McCains...he voted. NO.  That is who is to blame NOT TRUMP.  CONGRESS.  SO, now, they will wait till after NOV. 2018 vote, when there are more republicans to repeal Obamacare,

Why do the so called conservatives on here, shoot themselves in the foot,,DAILY? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2018, 02:02:35 am »
Of course it was smoke and mirrors.  Trump promised "great healthcare" and "“insurance for everybody".  Just more promises from a con man:  like "repeal and replace on day 1", "lock her up", "Mexico will pay for the wall", that he could eliminate the debt in 8 years, that he'd propose a Constitutional Amendment within the first 100 days, that he'd "drain the swamp", etc. etc. etc.

B.S.. there you go again with a bunch of lies about TRUMP.  President is not a dictator. It takes CONGRESS to implement all of this agendas. McCain voted, "NO" on Obamacare, all on him and CONGRESS.  Working on the locking up. Do you know how many people that would take?  HALF THE COUNTRY, from 30 years ago, starting in Arkansas, would be in jail.
Mexico is paying for the wall through Tariffs, as was always the plan. NAFTA. The wall is already being built. San Diego.  Not quick enough for you?   President TRUMP never said, anything about in 8 years.  If he did, then you would need to wait, till. AFTER 8 years are up. " Propose an amendment"?.
Did CONGRESS VOTE ON IT? What was that PROPOSED amendment?  " Draining the swamp".  He is.  Flake, and some other rino;s are not running for office again. Some are retiring, under TRUMP.  I am very disappointed in you and your HALF-TRUTHS, LIES.

Did you vote for TRUMP or are you an N.T.?  Trying to make some case, which is not correct.  Makes it LIES TO ME.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2018, 02:08:35 am »
  Dear Lord!  Not on president TRUMP.  The one vote, needed to do that, was McCains...he voted. NO.  That is who is to blame NOT TRUMP.  CONGRESS. 

Another stellar example and proof that Trump was just an egotistical empty suit with ZERO deal-making and negotiating skills that his sycophantic mobs assured us were divinely appointed to him alone to 'end ObamaCare'.

He couldn't even get members of his own party to go along with him and his agenda.

So much for Trump's fake "Art of the Deal".

It's all illusion, just like his stints on WWE and Reality TV.  It was all just a show.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 02:11:15 am »
Mexico is paying for the wall through Tariffs, as was always the plan.

Mexico does not pay for tariffs.  Neither does China or any other country on the planet.

None of them pay a freaking cent in tariffs.

Americans PAY TARIFFS.

Just more sleight-of-hand by the Ringmaster and his show.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Concerned

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 02:46:37 am »

B.S.. there you go again with a bunch of lies about TRUMP.  President is not a dictator. It takes CONGRESS to implement all of this agendas. McCain voted, "NO" on Obamacare, all on him and CONGRESS.  Working on the locking up. Do you know how many people that would take?  HALF THE COUNTRY, from 30 years ago, starting in Arkansas, would be in jail.
Mexico is paying for the wall through Tariffs, as was always the plan. NAFTA. The wall is already being built. San Diego.  Not quick enough for you?   President TRUMP never said, anything about in 8 years.  If he did, then you would need to wait, till. AFTER 8 years are up. " Propose an amendment"?.
Did CONGRESS VOTE ON IT? What was that PROPOSED amendment?  " Draining the swamp".  He is.  Flake, and some other rino;s are not running for office again. Some are retiring, under TRUMP.  I am very disappointed in you and your HALF-TRUTHS, LIES.

Did you vote for TRUMP or are you an N.T.?  Trying to make some case, which is not correct.  Makes it LIES TO ME.

No lies @LegalAmerican just quoting what the man said.  Of course Trump isn't a dictator and nobody I know wants him to be, but he's the one who said that he "only can fix" Washington.  He's the one who said he could make deals with Congress that no one else could.  He said those things.  He set the expectation.

Trump promised to "repeal and replace" -- apparently he had no plan for how to get a Congress of his own party to accompish that goal -- apparently "only" he cannot fix DC (at least IMO).   *****rollingeyes*****  "Lock her up" was one of his signature campaign promises but instead of "lock her up" we got "she's suffered enough".  If Trump puts tariffs on Mexican products, Americans pay those, thus Mexico isn't paying for the wall, Americans are.

Of course Trump said he could eliminate the debt in 8 years.  See "The Hill" link below.  It was widely covered when he said it.

The very first item on Trump's 100 Day Plan was proposing a Constitutional Amendment for term limits: 

"FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;"

It was literally the VERY FIRST thing on his 100 Day Plan.  For a guy who's quick to say other people are lying, you are shockingly ill-informed IMO.

No, I didn't vote for Trump.  I voted for McMullen.  This was the first time since Ronald Reagan I didn't vote for the Republican candidate for President.  I praise President Trump when he does things I think are praise-worthy and criticize him when I think he deserved criticism:  same as I do for every other President.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/275003-trump-i-will-eliminate-us-debt-in-8-years

https://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:47:17 am by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online corbe

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2018, 03:00:37 am »
   Careful there with the facts @Concerned or she'll put you on Ignore and she instantly becomes no longer FUN and spunky but the PITA that she really is.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2018, 03:22:18 am »
those, thus Mexico isn't paying for the wall, Americans are.

No, I didn't vote for Trump.  I voted for McMullen.  This was the first time since Ronald Reagan I didn't vote for the Republican candidate for President.  I praise President Trump when he does things I think are praise-worthy and criticize him when I think he deserved criticism:  same as I do for every other President.

Thanks for sharing the McMullen thing.

In 1992 I was drinking a lot, and decided voting for Perot was a great idea. Soon thereafter I quit drinking and my brain healed substantially.

By 1998 I was at Free Republic, where I heard and adopted "vote for the most conservative candidate, that can win."

In 2000 I noted that Pat Buchanan's merry little one-half percent performance, nearly spoiled GW Bush's win.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2018, 03:39:18 am »
Thanks for sharing the McMullen thing.

In 1992 I was drinking a lot, and decided voting for Perot was a great idea. Soon thereafter I quit drinking and my brain healed substantially.

By 1998 I was at Free Republic, where I heard and adopted "vote for the most conservative candidate, that can win."

In 2000 I noted that Pat Buchanan's merry little one-half percent performance, nearly spoiled GW Bush's win.

Bully for you, the rest of us PCs are done practicing insanity by voting the same way each and every cycle and expecting different results.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2018, 04:05:35 am »
Bully for you, the rest of us PCs are done practicing insanity by voting the same way each and every cycle and expecting different results.

This time around it was Trump's supporters that avoided the insanity of the next Ford/Dole/McCain/Romney weak, "my turn" weak candidate.

So since you are the self-designated sokesperson for "the rest of us PCs" let's hear, your "Foundational Principle" of intentionally losing?

I have often opined that "true conservatives" are logic challenged, and now I get two more solid confirmations.

Thank you both, for sharing.

Evan McMullen, John Kasich, Jeff Flake, Bill Kristol and George Will thank you, too.

PCs, all. Self-described as such.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 04:20:57 am »
This time around it was Trump's supporters that avoided the insanity of the next Ford/Dole/McCain/Romney weak, "my turn" weak candidate.

No.  You just betrayed whatever principles you pay lip service to in order to vote for a lifelong NYC liberal Democrat who campaigned for and funded both the Clintons and Communist Bill DeBlasio, simply because he sold you a pack of bullshit that your ears were itching to hear.

let's hear, your "Foundational Principle" of intentionally losing?

Sometimes the way to win is not to play at the tables the house has rigged.  Sometimes you need to start over somewhere else, fresh once a thing has become rotted and corrupted to the point of being poison.

Evan McMullen, John Kasich, Jeff Flake, Bill Kristol and George Will thank you, too.

Well, you people assert yourselves as Conservatives while justifying liberalism time and again from the Deficit spending in the trillions to tariffs to funding the entirety of the Democrat agenda because ... Trump. Not to mention the contempt and vitriol shown to moral and religious values being argued here.   So I frankly don't give a rat's ass what you think about the subject.  You have disqualified yourselves as having any voice to listen to or trust as far as what constitutes principles or Conservatism.

Online DB

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 04:21:59 am »

So since you are the self-designated sokesperson for "the rest of us PCs" let's hear, your "Foundational Principle" of intentionally losing?

I have often opined that "true conservatives" are logic challenged, and now I get two more solid confirmations.

You are caught in a trap. You keep voting in fear for the lesser evil and from time to time they get elected. And then you wonder why things are not moving away from the lesser evil you just voted for. As long as you're stuck voting for the lesser evil you will never be offered anything better by your party. They only have to offer something that is less bad than the other party is offering to secure your vote. Over and over again.

They have you snared on their plantation and you are afraid to leave it because the alternative you limit yourself to is worse. At some point you and others will have to have the courage to force them to earn your vote in order to actually go in a different direction. Until then we just keep sliding to the left, sometimes faster, sometimes slower but left we go nevertheless.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 07:03:40 am »

Don't listen to them @truth_seeker .  They are Haters, Losers, and Jealous.  They have not had the epiphany that you @Frank Cannon , @Quix , the artist formally known as QAnon r/GreatAwakening , and this lady had...

OH SNAP!!!  @INVAR is a "true conservative"  88finger point IN YOUR FACE INVAR!  Your "standards", "integrity", and "principles" are a joke to WINNERS.

You know that's sarcasm right @DB ? Enjoy America getting Great again commie lib rat traitors.

! No longer available
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 07:10:25 am by Once-Ler »

Online DB

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 07:16:46 am »
You know that's sarcasm right @DB ? Enjoy America getting Great again commie lib rat traitors.

Yes. Was just trying to be nice in response to the snark.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2018, 07:30:21 am »
IN YOUR FACE INVAR!  Your "standards", "integrity", and "principles" are a joke to WINNERS.

Yeah... they made that fact pretty plain, along with showcasing the utter contempt they have for those things in and of themselves.

Unless of course somehow it can be attributed to The Donald.   But if it's from God or the Founders... piss on it. 

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2018, 08:01:45 am »
Don't listen to them @truth_seeker .  They are Haters, Losers, and Jealous.  They have not had the epiphany that you @Frank Cannon , @Quix , the artist formally known as QAnon r/GreatAwakening , and this lady had...

OH SNAP!!!  @INVAR is a "true conservative"  88finger point IN YOUR FACE INVAR!  Your "standards", "integrity", and "principles" are a joke to WINNERS.

! No longer available

Thanks, I think.
Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2018, 08:25:29 am »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2018, 12:51:15 pm »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2018, 01:48:53 pm »
Mexico is paying for the wall through Tariffs......

Ummmm...

Trump signs steel and aluminum tariffs that exempt Canada and Mexico

President Donald Trump, following through on one of his most controversial campaign promises, signed two proclamations Thursday that implement tariffs on imported steel and aluminum but exempt Canada and Mexico.......

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/08/trump-signs-tariffs-that-exempt-canada-and-mexico-open-door-to-others.html

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2018, 11:42:00 pm »
Meanwhile, Obamacare caused Medicare to increase 4% over last 11 months due to increased enrollments.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/54442?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzEmail&utm_content=812526&utm_campaign=Express_2018-09-10_18%3a00#section1

Correct.  Obama took almost one trillion dollars from paid in Medicare, and gave it to Obamcare, while denying seniors health care.  You might only need a pill.........

Clinton took our paid in social security and made it part of general budget, spent it, left USA with an I.O.U. 

What is it with DEMON-RATS, always raiding our PAID IN programs, shoving Grannie over the hill.