Author Topic: Right mounts campaign to make Jim Jordan the GOP leader  (Read 865 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Right mounts campaign to make Jim Jordan the GOP leader
« on: September 12, 2018, 07:31:59 pm »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/12/jim-jordan-speaker-conservatives-815706

The effort marks a rare instance of coordination among at least four prominent outside groups as well as a handful of smaller conservative groups with big nationwide followings. They include Club for Growth, FreedomWorks, Conservative Leadership Fund, Tea Party Patriots, and For America.

Leaders of the groups, including Ken Cuccinelli and Adam Brandon, have been making calls to lawmakers they’ve helped legislatively or politically in the past. The groups also are recruiting activists to attend town halls and press rank-and-file Republicans to get behind Jordan.

And on Sept. 26, more than 1,000 conservatives are expected to attend a Jordan-for-speaker rally — then hit up GOP offices to make their case for the Ohio Republican in person.

“I think we’ve reached the point where we’re just sort of tired of watching the dog chase the tail in the House,” said David Bozell, president of For America. “We’re tired of watching these guys not know what to do with the Senate, of not having a plan to get from A to B, of having no strategy.”

more at link.

YOU WILL DO WHAT PRESIDENT TRUMP TELLS YOU TO DO AND LIKE IT!!!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Right mounts campaign to make Jim Jordan the GOP leader
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 07:35:32 pm »
They could do FAR worse!  Pick your Boehner clone for instance.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 07:41:03 pm »
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/12/jim-jordan-speaker-conservatives-815706

more at link.

YOU WILL DO WHAT PRESIDENT TRUMP TELLS YOU TO DO AND LIKE IT!!!

Funny, I didn't see Trump's name in that whole article.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 07:42:29 pm »
I'll take Jordan. If he doesn't have the votes, I'd be good with Scalise.

Still, the problem is the Senate, where as the article says, House bills go to die.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 07:45:11 pm »
McCarthy is a fruit and a piece of shit. No wonder the RINO caucus is pushing the hell out of him.

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 07:56:22 pm »
Funny, I didn't see Trump's name in that whole article.
It should be.  Nothing else matters https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kevin-mccarthy-relishes-role-as-trumps-fixer-friend-and-candy-man/2018/01/15/a2696b4e-f709-11e7-b34a-b85626af34ef_story.html

McCarthy's overture — a Washington version of rock band Van Halen's infamous 1982 request for backstage bowls of M&M's purged of brown candies — illustrates the lengths many top congressional Republicans have gone to build a rapport with Trump.

The move also underscored McCarthy's singular role as Trump's friend and fixer over the past year — a courtship of backslapping and flattery that has led to eye-rolling among Democrats and skeptical Republicans.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 08:06:28 pm »
It should be.  Nothing else matters https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kevin-mccarthy-relishes-role-as-trumps-fixer-friend-and-candy-man/2018/01/15/a2696b4e-f709-11e7-b34a-b85626af34ef_story.html

He's the President - are you saying they should have no rapport? Is Trump to be both equally blamed for having and not having a rapport?
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 09:10:59 pm »
He's the President - are you saying they should have no rapport? Is Trump to be both equally blamed for having and not having a rapport?
  Congrats future minority leader McCarthy.

Mod2 sez: cut it out
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:54:53 pm by Mod2 »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 09:13:11 pm »
Congrats future minority leader McCarthy.

What's McCarthy paying you?  Inquiring minds want to know.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:55:03 pm by Mod2 »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 09:15:09 pm »
What's McCarthy paying you?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Nothing, and I won't be voting for any of the congressmen he will be leading as minority leader.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 09:17:04 pm »
Nothing, and I won't be voting for any of the congressmen he will be leading.

OK.  Thanks for finally admitting you are a democrat.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 09:38:37 pm »
Maybe so!  But I can't hold you a candle in the stupid department!   Yes! For so long as he continues to advance the ball toward my goal line!
@Bigun
I'm sorry I called you stupid.  I don't believe that.  I actually admire your style.  I was angry you called me a democrat.  I have seen you criticize President Trump, but I'm happy you're satisfied with the results so far.  I can understand with successes like tax cuts, court appointments, and a rollback of Obama EOs this is the best you could hope for, and it's a reasonable opinion.  I deleted my post.

Peace?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 09:42:14 pm »
@Bigun
I'm sorry I called you stupid.  I don't believe that.  I actually admire your style.  I was angry you called me a democrat.  I have seen you criticize President Trump, but I'm happy you're satisfied with the results so far.  I can understand with successes like tax cuts, court appointments, and a rollback of Obama EOs this is the best you could hope for, and it's a reasonable opinion.  I deleted my post.

Peace?

@Once-Ler

I removed my response as well.   :beer:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:45:08 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 01:50:01 am »
Bigun wrote:
"OK.  Thanks for finally admitting you are a democrat."

There are .... moles.... right here.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 04:41:55 am »
Alan West gets my vote for Speaker.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-