Author Topic: John McCain’s family gets hefty taxpayer-funded ‘death gratuity’ after week-long funeral extravaganz  (Read 783 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John McCain’s family gets hefty taxpayer-funded ‘death gratuity’ after week-long funeral extravaganza
September 12, 2018 | Samantha Chang

For American taxpayers, John McCain’s six-term senate career is the “gift” that keeps on taking. A $174,000 “death gratuity” will be paid to Senator McCain’s family, in keeping with a longstanding tradition of giving a year’s salary to a departed lawmaker’s next of kin.

The $174,000 gratuity will be tacked onto the next federal appropriations bill for taxpayers to bankroll, Roll Call reported. While the practice is nothing new, it raised eyebrows because John McCain’s widow, Cindy McCain, is a wealthy heiress whose net worth reportedly tops $100 million.

Cindy inherited the chairmanship and majority control of Hensley & Co., one of the largest Anheuser-Busch beer distributors in the United States, upon her dad’s death in 2000.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/09/12/john-mccains-family-gets-hefty-taxpayer-funded-death-gratuity-after-week-long-funeral-extravaganza-673344
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slide Rule

No more Busch Beer for me.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Frank Cannon

No more Busch Beer for me.

:)

No more? That shit is swill man.

BTW this death benefit will come in handy for keeping Cindy's pill habit going.

Offline Hoodat

Federal legislators should get the exact same 'death gratuity' they force on the rest of us (at the point of a gun) with Social Security - a grand total of $250.

During a worker's career, the federal government steals 12.4% of his income.   And if he dies when he turns 65, that's all his family gets - $250.

Social Security is the most evil thing ever perpetrated against the American people.  It guarantees the cycle of poverty is repeated for generation after generation.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

I nominate them for Most Selfish Family In America.

Offline Frank Cannon

I hope the award for that is public ridicule and scorn.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No more? That shit is swill man.

BTW this death benefit will come in handy for keeping Cindy's pill habit going.
Could never drink any of their beer, wait it's not true I have drank some of their beer but every time it left me with a really bad headache so any time it's offered I just say no!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well they're up there, but have stiff competition from the Kennedys, Obamas and Kardashians.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
174k?  McCain was grossly over paid.  Senators salary's should be merit based.  Give them a base of 50k a year and then so much per vote.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.