Author Topic: Parents don't want their immigrant kids back  (Read 835 times)

Offline endicom

Parents don't want their immigrant kids back
« on: September 09, 2018, 07:18:23 pm »
Don Surber
Sept. 9, 2018

The ACLU has a problem. After fighting President Trump over separating illegal alien children from their parents, the group has discovered the families don't want the children back.

The group asserted itself as lawyers for these parents but never asked the pertinent question: Do you want your children back?

The answer is a resounding no.

The ACLU is learning the parents don't want their children returning because the violence in parts of Guatemala is as bad as the south side of Chicago.

More... https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/09/parents-dont-want-their-immigrant-kids.html

Offline skeeter

Re: Parents don't want their immigrant kids back
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 07:21:59 pm »
Don Surber
Sept. 9, 2018

The ACLU has a problem. After fighting President Trump over separating illegal alien children from their parents, the group has discovered the families don't want the children back.

The group asserted itself as lawyers for these parents but never asked the pertinent question: Do you want your children back?

The answer is a resounding no.

The ACLU is learning the parents don't want their children returning because the violence in parts of Guatemala is as bad as the south side of Chicago.

More... https://donsurber.blogspot.com/2018/09/parents-dont-want-their-immigrant-kids.html

The ACLU is learning the parents don't want their children returning because the violence in parts of Guatemala is as bad as the south side of Chicago once they turn 18 they can apply for their parents' Green Cards.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 11:50:10 pm »
The ACLU is learning the parents don't want their children returning because the violence in parts of Guatemala is as bad as the south side of Chicago once they turn 18 they can apply for their parents' Green Cards.

This is the part that sickens me.  I have colleagues at work who are from India, Singapore, and the Philippines.  They came here legally and have been working at reduced wages while at the same time paying into a lottery system for a limited number of green cards assigned by nationality.  Some have been here over 10 years, each year paying the same fee.  Yet year after year, no green cards are given.  And no chance at better wages either since their status is linked to their employer.  If they lose their jobs, they are deported immediately.

Yet at the same time, people bypass the system and cross over uninvited from Mexico.  And they are given green cards within a year.

Of course my Indian and Filipino co-workers are staunchly Conservative and will vote Republican if given the opportunity to vote.  But they are discriminated against by a very unfair immigration system.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 03:46:37 am »
    I never wanted to be caught in that uncomfortable situation, so I never had any.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 04:16:36 am »
Sometimes I don't want my non-immigrant kid back.  No bleep way am I taking one that doesn't even speak English.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 04:22:12 am »
Sometimes I don't want my non-immigrant kid back.  No bleep way am I taking one that doesn't even speak English.

But I hear they dig nice holes and scrub a mean toilet.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 04:26:11 am »
But I hear they dig nice holes and scrub a mean toilet.

You think I scrub toilets?  Hell no, taught the kid to do that when he was 3 and never looked back.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 09:55:27 am »
This is the part that sickens me.  I have colleagues at work who are from India, Singapore, and the Philippines.  They came here legally and have been working at reduced wages while at the same time paying into a lottery system for a limited number of green cards assigned by nationality.  Some have been here over 10 years, each year paying the same fee.  Yet year after year, no green cards are given.  And no chance at better wages either since their status is linked to their employer.  If they lose their jobs, they are deported immediately.

Yet at the same time, people bypass the system and cross over uninvited from Mexico.  And they are given green cards within a year.

Of course my Indian and Filipino co-workers are staunchly Conservative and will vote Republican if given the opportunity to vote.  But they are discriminated against by a very unfair immigration system.

YES!

I worked in IT and I've known a number of people who were really, really, skilled who were from Iran who wanted to live here and be Americans. I say, if they're talented, and want to assimilate, it's better we include them than exclude them.  Kinda the whole point of this country, we kick axe by taking in the best and the brightest, not by, for example, trade wars. 

PS.  Never met a highly skilled immigrant who was a Democrat.  Not sure I ever met one who could say 'Democrat' without spitting.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 09:56:50 am »
    I never wanted to be caught in that uncomfortable situation, so I never had any.

Yeah, that's not why @nevercorbe
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.