Author Topic: Nailed by Steel Tariffs: Trump protectionism is driving a Missouri company to the brink.  (Read 6180 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Better than any of the people you drag on this forum pretending that they matter. Castle? He wipes his ass with his bare hands and cleans them on the drapes he is so stupid.

Trump gets results.

The trains are running on time.

Nothing new under the sun.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Absalom

So the ends justify the means. Man, I sure see a whole lot of that around here. That ain't conservative.

Tumpy the Wonder Clown signed everything they are spending.
-------------------------------------
No interest, none, in urinary contests; a compulsive obsession.
Stay enlightened and good-bye!

Offline Frank Cannon

Whoa there @Frank Cannon I voted for the Constitution Party, not Darrell Castle.  I know that's a foreign concept to you because your Party Platform has been sold to the highest bidder, Trump INC.

Hey @corbe your Constipation Party has been around for almost 30 years. Can you name the elected officials in public office that are members of the Constipation Party? Let me help you.....none.

BTW the Constipation Party platform has the value of a used condom. That is why no one would bother bidding on it.

Offline Absalom

So Edmund Burke was a poser?
--------------------------
Frank Cannon.
On the mark retort which, unfortunately, will be ignored.
As you're well aware, Conservatism was identified by the
Greeks, long before Christianity, through logic and reason;
as Principles necessary for the survival of culture/society.
But those needy of attention refuse to hear, being addicted
to pounding the table to get noticed.

Online DB

------------------------
Hmm................. ok, keep banging on your constitution drum!
At least Trump is trying to achieve benefit for the greater good.

The "greater good" has been the excuse of endless tyrants. Got to break a few eggs to make an omelet and all...

We are a Constitutional Republic with limits on government, not a greater good democracy where government picks winners and losers.

Online DB

Better than any of the people you drag on this forum pretending that they matter. Castle? He wipes his ass with his bare hands and cleans them on the drapes he is so stupid.

Trump gets results.

The "trains running on time" argument...

Online DB

The trains are running on time.

Nothing new under the sun.

I should have read further down thread before responding...

Online DB

--------------------------
Frank Cannon.
On the mark retort which, unfortunately, will be ignored.
As you're well aware, Conservatism was identified by the
Greeks, long before Christianity, through logic and reason;
as Principles necessary for the survival of culture/society.
But those needy of attention refuse to hear, being addicted
to pounding the table to get noticed.

It was responded to and wasn't ignored. It was you who ignored the response.

Offline Hoodat

@skeeter

People who invoke Godwin's Law are just like Hitler.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

A greater good huh? So you fall into the camp: "there is no sacrifice too great for a great nation  if it is for the greater good"?

Tough call.  Do I get to be the one who decides what is for the greater good?

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Absalom

It was responded to and wasn't ignored. It was you who ignored the response.
------------------------------------------
Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Still yapping???
Get in immediate touch w/the local Pound.
They have great doggies who only listen!!!

Online DB

------------------------------------------
Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Still yapping???
Get in immediate touch w/the local Pound.
They have great doggies who only listen!!!

Very deep... And void of content...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Very deep... And void of content...

IKR.  Why even respond?  Because you like how your voice sounds?

DB.  I appreciate your content.  Hope you don't live on the east coast  Keep believing in something bigger than yourself.  I'm reading your posts.

Online DB

IKR.  Why even respond?  Because you like how your voice sounds?

DB.  I appreciate your content.  Hope you don't live on the east coast  Keep believing in something bigger than yourself.  I'm reading your posts.

Thank you. I make a point to read your posts too. I'm homeless politically short of this place...

I have two daughters that have an apartment in a low-lying area of Chapel Hill NC. They just drove 7 hours or so to Tennessee this evening to hopefully get clear of what's coming.

Offline LegalAmerican

Never seen so many uninformed people in my life.  Do you know how business is run?  I prepared taxes, did bookwork for CPA's, worked in Banks for 8 years, then 3 years as Realtor. 

Talk to me in 4 years.  Business is coming back to America. It takes a bit of time. I Know you all want INSTANT gratification.  Stop listening to left, lying media & reading LEFT, LYING articles. 
 Don't bother calling me names.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:28:13 am by LegalAmerican »

Online DB

Never seen so many uninformed people in my life.  Do you know how business is run?  I prepared taxes, did bookwork for CPA's, worked in Banks for 8 years, then 3 years as Realtor. 

Talk to me in 4 years.  Business is coming back to America. It takes a bit of time. I Know you all want INSTANT gratification.  Stop listening to left, lying media & reading LEFT, LYING articles. 

I co-founded a satellite communications technology company that has global sales of what we design and manufacture. We've been in business for more than 25 years.

You were saying?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Thank you. I make a point to read your posts too. I'm homeless politically short of this place...

I have two daughters that have an apartment in a low-lying area of Chapel Hill NC. They just drove 7 hours or so to Tennessee this evening to hopefully get clear of what's coming.

@DB I hope they comeback to a familiar neighborhood.
I was very proud when my son was born, but my daughters have grounded me to humanity in ways my wife and son never could.  The father of a boy can worry about the son's future.  The father of daughters worries about the world today in an immediate fashion that questions why the world has not changed faster yet thankful that we don't live in the times of our parents.  It's a pleasure to be sharing this forum with you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I co-founded a satellite communications technology company that has global sales of what we design and manufacture. We've been in business for more than 25 years.

You were saying?

Behaves exactly like one of Obama's cult-mesmerized drones. 

The only difference between them is in whom their wide-eyed True Believer devotion they have declared national savior resides.

Disagree with their faith that their political messiah is doing miracles?  Why then, you're uninformed and a 'hater'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

You were saying?

Yeah, but "You didn't build that".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

Behaves exactly like one of Obama's cult-mesmerized drones. 

The only difference between them is in whom their wide-eyed True Believer devotion they have declared national savior resides.

Disagree with their faith that their political messiah is doing miracles?  Why then, you're uninformed and a 'hater'.

I keep saying the two presidents are very much alike, but you are right -- so are their fans.  When I belonged to TOS, there was considerable discussion about the ways Obama supporters try to marginalize and  condemn those who refused to acknowledge Obama as lord and savior.  Well, I see that some of the refugees from TOS who are now Trump supporters, have adopted the same tactics against those who oppose "their guy."  The only difference I've seen between the epithets of Obama supporters and Trump supporters is that Trump supporters don't call the rest of us "racist."  But I figure eventually, that word will be used because we don't like orange-skinned people. 

I keep saying the two presidents are very much alike, but you are right -- so are their fans.  When I belonged to TOS, there was considerable discussion about the ways Obama supporters try to marginalize and  condemn those who refused to acknowledge Obama as lord and savior.  Well, I see that some of the refugees from TOS who are now Trump supporters, have adopted the same tactics against those who oppose "their guy."  The only difference I've seen between the epithets of Obama supporters and Trump supporters is that Trump supporters don't call the rest of us "racist."  But I figure eventually, that word will be used because we don't like orange-skinned people.

I think the two Presidents are completely different, and that is not at all what I expected.  I have been thrilled with the way Trump has respected the limits placed on the Executive.  I.  WAS.  WRONG.

The blind supporters of trump are not different to me than the blind supporters of 0.  But the actions of POTUS are.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

As a matter of fact I have...on my own and with my dads business.

And it doesn't take someone with an MBA or a diploma from the Wharton School to know that the protectionist policies Trump is trying to put in place will not bring back the economy like everyone is hoping.

These types of policies have failed in the past and people seem to willingly forget that.

This isn't the "lying left" this is basic economics driving what I'm saying.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

You were saying?

@DB you eeeevil globalist!!! You're part of the problem Trump is trying to fix!!!   :silly: /s
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

People who invoke Godwin's Law are just like Hitler.
:tongue2:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Looks like the hard core Trump Haters are forced to keep recycling the same story to make their lame points. I happen to remember when this story was poste here in JUNE of this year.

Southeast Missouri nail company gets hammered by Trump’s tariffs

June 22, 2018 By Alisa Nelson

https://www.missourinet.com/2018/06/22/southeast-missouri-nail-company-gets-hammered-by-trumps-tariffs/

I believe during that thread the Poster Formally Known as Wingnut pointed out this was another company that has been circling the drain for years and was using the tariff as cover for their own malfeasance.
you "nailed" it. @Frank Cannon
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington