Author Topic: Former Cruz spokesman: 'It's possible' O'Rourke could win  (Read 2392 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Former Cruz spokesman: 'It's possible' O'Rourke could win
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:04:36 am »
If Ted loses, what does that say about conservatism????  Anything is possible, but is it probable that Cruz could lose?

Former Cruz spokesman: 'It's possible' O'Rourke could win

Sen. Ted Cruz’s (R-Texas) former campaign spokesperson said that it’s “possible” for Cruz to lose his reelection bid to Democrat Beto O’Rourke.

Rick Tyler, who served as Cruz’s former communications director during his 2016 presidential run, appeared on MSNBC Sunday and admitted that Cruz could lose in the red state.....

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/405814-former-cruz-spokesman-its-possible-orourke-could-win
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Former Cruz spokesman: 'It's possible' O'Rourke could win
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 04:09:17 am »
If Ted loses, what does that say about conservatism????

Not a damn thing. It's a state election where another proven Conservative is on the ballot and doing very well....Abbott. It does say something about Cruz.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 04:13:15 am »
His loss would be one subheader in a massive wave election.  We'd have far bigger problems at that point.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 04:22:15 am »
Not a damn thing. It's a state election where another proven Conservative is on the ballot and doing very well....Abbott. It does say something about Cruz.

Abbot isn't running against Cruz.  What it says is that Trump supporters still have a grudge against Cruz.  That is what it says.  That Trump has been very effective in loyalty by his base and therefore has divided the party. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 04:27:50 am »
Abbot isn't running against Cruz.  What it says is that Trump supporters still have a grudge against Cruz.  That is what it says.  That Trump has been very effective in loyalty by his base and therefore has divided the party.

I was told that TX hated Trump during the election, so your argument is meaningless.

BTW Abbott isn't running AGAINST Cruz. We all know that, but it sure as hell shows that there is one BIG undervote between the candidates. That there is a problem and claiming a group that doesn't exist is the cause is more wishful thinking.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 04:37:57 am »
I was told that TX hated Trump during the election, so your argument is meaningless.

BTW Abbott isn't running AGAINST Cruz. We all know that, but it sure as hell shows that there is one BIG undervote between the candidates. That there is a problem and claiming a group that doesn't exist is the cause is more wishful thinking.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/08/24/republican-stronghold-ted-cruz-still-faces-questions-loyalty-trump

If Cruz looses its because Trump supporters would rather vote for the Democrat than have "lying Ted".

Here's some numbers to wrap your head around Frank.  And once again you dishonesty duly noted as Trump has a very big favorable rating in Texas.

https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2559
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:47:11 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 05:03:01 am »
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2018/08/24/republican-stronghold-ted-cruz-still-faces-questions-loyalty-trump

If Cruz looses its because Trump supporters would rather vote for the Democrat than have "lying Ted".

I'm not so sure that I agree with that as Cruz won the primary with almost 44% of the vote to Trump's 27% of the vote, so I think the opposite may be true.  Perhaps Cruz supporters have been turned off knowing that Cruz voted for Trump after he stated to them to vote their conscience and then later announced he was voting for Trump, but I can't imagine his base voting for O'Rourke. Nor, can I really see Trump supporters voting for O'Rourke.  Keep in mind that Clinton received 43% of the vote in 2016 to Trump's 52%.

What I feel is happening is the demographics and redistricting in TX may finally turn TX blue. 

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 05:08:55 am »

I'm not so sure that I agree with that as Cruz won the primary with almost 44% of the vote to Trump's 27% of the vote, so I think the opposite may be true.  Perhaps Cruz supporters have been turned off knowing that Cruz voted for Trump after he stated to them to vote their conscience and then later announced he was voting for Trump, but I can't imagine his base voting for O'Rourke. Nor, can I really see Trump supporters voting for O'Rourke.  Keep in mind that Clinton received 43% of the vote in 2016 to Trump's 52%.

What I feel is happening is the demographics and redistricting in TX may finally turn TX blue. 

Either way divided.  If you are right about the base then he should win.  I always think of Texas as a red state, but isn't Austin blue?  Do you live in Texas?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 05:10:07 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 05:15:37 am »
Either way divided.  If you are right about the base then he should win.  I always think of Texas as a red state, but isn't Austin blue?  Do you live in Texas?

Yes, TX is basically a red state, and I'm not sure about Austin as I don't live in TX.  I've been a Cruz supporter though for awhile.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 05:18:14 am »
Yes, TX is basically a red state, and I'm not sure about Austin as I don't live in TX.  I've been a Cruz supporter though for awhile.

Me too.  But I do think that the presidential primaries had a lasting affect on both sides.  I hope that Republicans wouldn't vote for a Democrat over a Conservative like Ted.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 05:32:46 am »
Me too.  But I do think that the presidential primaries had a lasting affect on both sides.  I hope that Republicans wouldn't vote for a Democrat over a Conservative like Ted.

I live in Texas and we have lots of imports from yankee states and Cali. Plus tons of illegals. Ted will
win unless there is a blue wave that brings in lots of folks that usually don't vote. All Trump
supporters will vote for Ted.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 05:54:50 am »
I live in Texas and we have lots of imports from yankee states and Cali. Plus tons of illegals. Ted will
win unless there is a blue wave that brings in lots of folks that usually don't vote. All Trump

Are illegals voting in Texas like they do in California?

Oh, never mind they are.....

Non-Citizens Are Voting in Texas Elections, Officials Tell Lawmakers

Non-citizens are registering and voting in Texas elections, and current procedures are inadequate to prevent it, state and local officials told lawmakers in a special committee hearing.

The Senate Select Committee on Election Security heard testimony last month about problems with the voting process in Texas, including non-citizens illegally registering and voting.

Officials representing Texas’ Secretary of State, the Texas Attorney General’s office, and Starr County all testified at the February 22 hearing that under the state’s current system, non-citizens can easily register to vote in Texas without being detected.

It’s a violation of both federal and state law for non-citizens to vote or register to vote.

“Fundamentally, it looks as if we have a [voter registration] system that is not as accurate as necessary,” said State Sen. Brian Birdwell (R–Granbury), a member of the committee.

Keith Ingram, who heads the Texas Secretary of State’s Elections Division, testified:..............

https://empowertexans.com/around-texas/non-citizens-voting-texas-elections-officials-tell-lawmakers/

I am fairly sure this is happening all over the country.  Like here in Washington they register people when they get driver license.  I think there could be legal challenges all over the country because we no longer assure that non-citizens don't vote.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:02:16 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 04:33:27 pm »

Makes no sense to me. If they hold a grudge against Cruz, they will either stay home or vote for Cruz's opponent or a third party candidate and allow Trump's agenda to be derailed?

If they do that, then it looks like their grudge takes precedent over policies ( Cruz has been one of Trump's most ardent supporters since the elections ).

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 04:34:30 pm »

The BIG CITIES are Blue -- Austin, Houston, San Antonio ( as they are in most every other state ).

Where do you think we get someone like Sheila Jackson Lee or Julian Castro ( who was in the running to be Hillary's running mate ).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 04:36:57 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 04:56:32 pm »
It is going to come down to turnout. Political demographic wise, Cruz should have this in the bag. But the question will be whose base is more motivated to show up to the polls. If one side thinks 'it is a shoe in' and becomes complacent, they may think "oh, I'm busy at work today, my vote won't matter.." and so on and so on, and the other side is driving and bussing everyone to the polls and knocking on every door in the neighborhood, the results can be shocking.

I can tell you from talking with the local RNC office and reading posts from people around the state who are active, it is very difficult right now to get people to volunteer for phone banks or to walk door to door. People think it is fine just to say who they support online and neglect their own neighborhood or do more.

Offline thackney

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 06:01:40 pm »
Are illegals voting in Texas like they do in California?...

While some may fit through the cracks, it is not like California.

Texas Voter ID Law Stands For Midterm Elections, Court Rules
https://www.npr.org/2018/04/28/606730179/texas-voter-id-law-stands-for-midterm-elections-court-rules
April 28, 2018

A Texas voter ID law considered one of the strictest in the country will stay in effect for the 2018 elections. The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans upheld the law in their ruling Friday. It's been twice blocked before, but will hold up for the midterm elections....

- - - - - -

https://empowertexans.com/around-texas/non-citizens-voting-texas-elections-officials-tell-lawmakers/

Note this article was written before the 5th Circuit Court made its ruling.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4448901/4-27-17-Veasey-v-Abbott-Opinion.pdf
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 06:03:58 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 10:20:57 pm »

The only people I know who support O'Rourke are out-of-state transplants (Cali and the NE) who mock Texas and want to turn us into the @h!tholes they fled. 9999hair out0000

We have photo voter ID in Texas and in my little town, it's enforced. The foreign capital Austin and big cities like Dallas and Houston have huge liberal organizations that will try to have the dead and illegals vote.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2018, 10:25:53 pm »
I hope Cruz wins big though, for the manure some of his so-called supporters dump on others, one might have second thoughts.

Rick Santorum was very Constitutional in 2012....TX is obviously changing demographically and we see it. Let's hope for the good of all versus the phoney Cruz-ers and dirt they've thrown at others.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2018, 10:30:17 pm »
My family will be voting for him,

Vs. the phoney Cruz-ers who have handed out manure sandwiches to others, despite Cruz saying he supports Trump, somehow the idiots who profess to support him ignore about half he says.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 02:39:01 am »
If  someone had asked me if that was possible, I would have given the same answer.  ANYTHING is "possible," but that doesn't make it "probable."

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 02:55:28 am »
The only people I know who support O'Rourke are out-of-state transplants (Cali and the NE) who mock Texas and want to turn us into the @h!tholes they fled. 9999hair out0000

We have photo voter ID in Texas and in my little town, it's enforced. The foreign capital Austin and big cities like Dallas and Houston have huge liberal organizations that will try to have the dead and illegals vote.

We need more examples like this:

Tarrant County woman sentenced to five years in prison for illegally voting in 2016

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article207176829.html

Offline corbe

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 03:01:19 am »
   So, if I understand this correctly @TomSea it's really not Sen. Cruz that you have problems with, per se, It's his supporters that shovel all the manure?
    I get that and accept it because I said the same about Trumpers for 2 years, now.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 03:06:43 am »
   So, if I understand this correctly @TomSea it's really not Sen. Cruz that you have problems with, per se, It's his supporters that shovel all the manure?
    I get that and accept it because I said the same about Trumpers for 2 years, now.

Thanks for the ping.

@corbe

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 06:01:06 pm »

I know this isn't really major evidence, but it was interesting.
I was reading a Ted Cruz tweet and most of the responses were from Beto supporters.
The first 12 Profiles I clicked on were 9 people from out of state.

Offline thackney

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 06:19:49 pm »
I know this isn't really major evidence, but it was interesting.
I was reading a Ted Cruz tweet and most of the responses were from Beto supporters.
The first 12 Profiles I clicked on were 9 people from out of state.

Yep, media is not reflecting voters in this election.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer