Author Topic: Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif Issues Jewish New Year Greetings  (Read 367 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif Issues Jewish New Year Greetings
« on: September 10, 2018, 01:48:50 am »

Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif Issues Jewish New Year Greetings

September 09, 2018 23:42 GMT

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif issued a Jewish New Year greeting to Jews in Iran and around the world on Twitter amid a time of heightened tensions between Iran and Israel.

"As the sun gives way to the moon, I wish all my Jewish compatriots and Jews worldwide a very Happy New Year filled with peace and harmony. Happy Rosh Hashanah," Zarif said in his tweet on September 9.

Mainly Muslim Iran does not recognize Israel and has over the years vowed to destroy the Jewish state. Iranian President Hassan Rohani on September 8 named the United States and Israel as Iran's main enemies.

Read more at: https://www.rferl.org/a/iran-zarif-new-year-greeting-jewish-community/29480454.html

Offline dfwgator

Re: Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif Issues Jewish New Year Greetings
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 01:55:08 am »
I remember during the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, the Nazis wished the Jews fighting in the Ghetto as happy Passover, and even offered a Seder, if they'd surrender.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 01:56:31 am »
Amazed...I can't find any fault in what he said. I just don't know what it means....?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 01:57:14 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 02:10:23 am »

I think this is normal for Iran. Maybe it's tradition going back to the Persian Empire or maybe they have some practical reason for relative leniency. Lenient for a Muslim country, that is.