Author Topic: Disgusting! Ford Motor Co Joins Nike And COMPLETELY Disappoints Proud Americans  (Read 900 times)

rangerrebew

Disgusting! Ford Motor Co Joins Nike And COMPLETELY Disappoints Proud Americans
Daphne Moon Daphne Moon

Ford Motor Company, built in America, is taking a knee. They have made it known that they will support the NFL players who protest.

Ford probably should take a look at Nike’s stock which reportedly dropped after they made Colin Kaepernick the face of their ad campaign to celebrate 30-years of telling people to “Just Do It” – many of whom are now saying “no thanks” and “just don’t do it.”

Ford’s message was that they respect individuals rights to express views, but they forgot to mention that players were protesting while they were at work. People paying hundreds of dollars to watch a football game were not happy with the protests and didn’t want social justice warriors ruining the NFL experience with their protests, According to RWN.

https://thepatriotchronicles.com/news-for-you/disgusting-ford-motor-co-joins-nike-and-completely-disappoints-proud-americans/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=subscriber_id:1431720&utm_campaign=Kavanaugh%20Schools%20Jr%20Senator%20Kamala%20Harris%20On%20The%20Constitution

Offline Applewood

My phone security says Patriot Chronicles is a dangerous website and has blocked access 

I gather Daphne Moon is the author? Daphne Moon was character in Frasier. 

I don't know.   Maybe the site is not legit.  Maybe has viruses? I'm not going there.

Offline thackney

This article is citing Ford's statement from last year.  The story includes a link to a 2017 story:

http://fordauthority.com/2017/09/ford-sides-with-nfl-playerss-protests/
SEP 29, 2017

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share, That’s part of what makes America great.”
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
https://thegrio.com/2018/09/06/ford-steps-up-to-support-nfl-players-protesting-police-brutality/

Ford steps up to support players protesting police brutality - The Grio

The Grio I think is MSNBC's black news website.

So, there is probably something to the story, look for other confirming sources.

Ford owns the Detroit Lions per the Grio story.....

Nick Saban, coach of Alabama, said something but that was last year, in this story:
https://www.sunherald.com/sports/nfl/article218056715.html

Yes, Nick Saban and Ford backed NFL players’ right to protest. Seems like it was only yesterday.
By Paul Hampton jphampton@sunherald.com

A social media storm kicked up this week after Alabama coach Nick Saban and Ford Motor Company both said NFL players had a right to protest.

It’s true enough, except they said it last year.

Well, I don't know. Part of the problem with the protests is that BLM is found on an untruth. More later.

Offline verga

What the hell is wrong with these companies?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline thackney

https://thegrio.com/2018/09/06/ford-steps-up-to-support-nfl-players-protesting-police-brutality/

Ford steps up to support players protesting police brutality - The Grio

The Grio I think is MSNBC's black news website.

So, there is probably something to the story, look for other confirming sources.

Ford owns the Detroit Lions per the Grio story.....

Nick Saban, coach of Alabama, said something but that was last year, in this story:
https://www.sunherald.com/sports/nfl/article218056715.html

Well, I don't know. Part of the problem with the protests is that BLM is found on an untruth. More later.

Grio's links goes back to 2017 news, like Trump's tweet.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Where are the videos of people burning their Fords? Come on, I want to see fire folks..

Offline Mod2

This is an opinion piece and not a news story, as evidenced by the value-laden word "disgusting" in the headline. It will be moved to the proper category.

Offline ABX

This article is citing Ford's statement from last year.  The story includes a link to a 2017 story:

http://fordauthority.com/2017/09/ford-sides-with-nfl-playerss-protests/
SEP 29, 2017

“We respect individuals’ rights to express their views, even if they are not ones we share, That’s part of what makes America great.”

Yep, this is a totally misleading story/headline. They didn't 'join Nike'.

Offline roamer_1

Where are the videos of people burning their Fords? Come on, I want to see fire folks..

I'll do it.
But I will have to borrow yours.

Offline Applewood

Thanks, guys, for reading the article and reporting o n want was said. 

I don't drive, but I remember back when I was a kid, Ford made some decent automobiles.  My uncle always owned one.  But I guess like a lot of cars, Ford products have gone downhill, from what I've heard.  It's a pity that Ford, already on thin ice, may be hastening its demise by getting into politics and alienating the customers it has left.

Offline thackney

Thanks, guys, for reading the article and reporting o n want was said. 

I don't drive, but I remember back when I was a kid, Ford made some decent automobiles.  My uncle always owned one.  But I guess like a lot of cars, Ford products have gone downhill, from what I've heard.  It's a pity that Ford, already on thin ice, may be hastening its demise by getting into politics and alienating the customers it has left.

I've been quite happy with the last 3 Fords we have bought.  Over 400,000 miles on those 3 and still driving 2 of them every day.  We work them hard pulling horse trailers.

Offline ABX

I've been quite happy with the last 3 Fords we have bought.  Over 400,000 miles on those 3 and still driving 2 of them every day.  We work them hard pulling horse trailers.

I don't drive one, but I like Ford. When all the auto companies were going through the crash a decade ago and all their stocks tanked, Ford was the only one that said they didn't need a taxpayer bailout. I bought there stock on that news and it shot up so quickly, I paid almost 50% down on my new house just with that.

Offline thackney

I don't drive one, but I like Ford. When all the auto companies were going through the crash a decade ago and all their stocks tanked, Ford was the only one that said they didn't need a taxpayer bailout. I bought there stock on that news and it shot up so quickly, I paid almost 50% down on my new house just with that.

That was why I stopped buying GMs.  But I have been very happy with the change.

Offline verga

I always liked Fords. Oth4er than a 66 MGB all of my vehicles have been either Ford Or Jeep, never got less than 250k out of either.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.