Author Topic: Connecticut woman seriously injured after she lit dynamite she thought was a candle  (Read 657 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Connecticut woman seriously injured after she lit dynamite she thought was a candle
USA Today NetworkBrett Molina, USA TODAY Published 11:25 a.m. ET Sept. 8, 2018

A Bridgeport, Connecticut woman was seriously hurt after lighting a stick of dynamite she thought was a candle, police said.

According to Fox61 in Connecticut, the family planned to visit Home Depot to buy emergency lighting after a thunderstorm knocked out power in their home, police said.

The family later recalled when they purchased their house two years ago, the previous owners left what they thought were candles in the basement.

more
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/09/08/connecticut-woman-seriously-hurt-after-mistaking-dynamite-candle/1238310002/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gee... who was livin' in the house before them?

Offline Frank Cannon

What an effing moron. Guess the candle sparking and carrying on after she lit the fuse wasn't an indication there was a problem.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Gee... who was livin' in the house before them?

And, wouldn't you think you could tell the difference?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Is this article from one of those parody sites that look like a real site.   

No one is that stupid except liberals.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Suppressed

A Bridgeport, Connecticut woman was seriously hurt after lighting a stick of dynamite she thought was a candle, police said.

It was actually an M-1000, a "quarter-stick" firework -- which isn't actually a quarter stick of dynamite, as it doesn't use nitroglycerin.  It's much less powerful than dynamite.

Wikipedia pic, next to the smaller M-80:

I think anyone can see why one might mistake it for a candle in the dark.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
It was actually an M-1000, a "quarter-stick" firework -- which isn't actually a quarter stick of dynamite, as it doesn't use nitroglycerin.  It's much less powerful than dynamite.

Maybe one could mistake it for a candle in the dark, until you lit that fuse. A burning fuse is no way similar to a burning candle wick.

Obviously that poor woman led a sheltered life and was never exposed to fireworks.

Offline verga

Maybe one could mistake it for a candle in the dark, until you lit that fuse. A burning fuse is no way similar to a burning candle wick.

Obviously that poor woman led a sheltered life and was never exposed to fireworks.
well she can't say that anymore.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

I'd think she could tell from the wrapping that it wasn't a candle. Candles feel like wax, not paper.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

Nope. A flare maybe. Not a candle.

Online roamer_1

I'd think she could tell from the wrapping that it wasn't a candle. Candles feel like wax, not paper.  :shrug:

That's right.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Perchance she confused it with one of these.