Author Topic: Liberal groups urge Dems to seek perjury probe of Kavanaugh  (Read 352 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Liberal groups urge Dems to seek perjury probe of Kavanaugh
« on: September 08, 2018, 10:35:15 pm »

Three prominent liberal groups pushing to defeat Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination on Friday urged Democrats to seek a formal perjury investigation of him based on his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee this week.

Demand Justice, MoveOn, and NARAL Pro-Choice America outlined their case in a letter sent as Kavanaugh’s marathon four-day hearing came to a close, with the Republican Senate still expected to confirm him by month’s end.

The trio of advocacy groups claim that five topics Kavanaugh addressed with Judiciary panel senators this week reveal inconsistencies with statements he made during confirmation hearings for his current appellate court position that “appear to rise to the level of perjury,” they wrote. [...]

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/07/perjury-kavanaugh-liberal-groups-811254

The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

Re: Liberal groups urge Dems to seek perjury probe of Kavanaugh
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 10:38:59 pm »
Yeah, good luck with that. 

I expect Kavanaugh will be confirmed, despite the "nattering nabobs of negativism" over on the left.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 10:42:39 pm »
Yeah, good luck with that. 

I expect Kavanaugh will be confirmed, despite the "nattering nabobs of negativism" over on the left.

Of course Kavanaugh is one of the best SCOTUS candidates I've ever seen, but even so - now that they're pulling this - ram it down their damn throats.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 10:56:10 pm »
Of course Kavanaugh is one of the best SCOTUS candidates I've ever seen, but even so - now that they're pulling this - ram it down their damn throats.

:thumbsup:

Alas, the "classy" (that is, "lazy lump") Republicans won't do squat.  I was surprised the paid protesters were arrested.  Frankly, I wish Booker and the rest of the Dems would have been tossed out of the hearings on their ears.  And Booker should be in jail, but it won't happen.