Author Topic: Trump says good relations with Japan 'will end when I tell them how much they have to pay:' WSJ  (Read 314 times)

Offline Suppressed

Trump says good relations with Japan 'will end when I tell them how much they have to pay:' WSJ
Sep. 7    04:20 pm JST

President Donald Trump speaks at a rally in Billings, Mont, Thursday.  Photo: AP

WASHINGTON - U.S. President Donald Trump has suggested to The Wall Street Journal that he will take on Japan next in his fight to cut trade deficits with U.S. trading partners, according to a column carried on the paper's online edition Thursday.

Citing a phone call he received from Trump, James Freeman, a columnist for the paper, wrote that the president "described his good relations with the Japanese leadership, but then added: 'Of course that will end as soon as I tell them how much they have to pay.'"

[...]

https://japantoday.com/category/politics/trump-suggests-trade-fight-with-japan-wsj-column
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

And so, the Obama-Trump era of trashing so many alliances, that we've spent so much time and money building, marches on.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Can't accuse Trump of playing favorites here.

Japan isn't stealing our tech through espionage like China is but they're as bad with restrictions on importing US goods as China, just through different Govt mechanisms of one sided protectionism.

We pretty much gave them our checkbook after WWII as an incentive not to think about rising again and getting even with us for winning.

And they've been screwing us left and right ever since.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:22:18 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com