Author Topic: Brazil's Bolsonaro unlikely to return to presidential campaign: son  (Read 340 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Brazil's Bolsonaro unlikely to return to presidential campaign: son
Reuters   Reuters•September 7, 2018
SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Brazil's front-running presidential candidate Jair Bolsonaro is unlikely to return to campaigning before the Oct. 7 first-round vote because of the severity of wounds he suffered in a stabbing attack, his son said on Friday.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/brazils-bolsonaro-unlikely-return-presidential-campaign-son-210556827--sector.html

Short article, short excerpt.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Brazil's Bolsonaro unlikely to return to presidential campaign: son
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 05:11:35 pm »
It would be nice if he could be elected sans campaigning.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Brazil's Bolsonaro unlikely to return to presidential campaign: son
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 05:28:25 pm »
Alleged quotes by Bolonsaro at the link.

I would be incapable of loving a gay son. I prefer that he die in an accident.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jair_Bolsonaro

I don't want to throw stones at a man when he is down, but I thought in passing I read quotes by him in the past that seemed excessive. Something to read up on. I posted an article about a year ago on him. There might be a context he said per some of the quotes at the link. I took down one of the quotes. The above remark was made in an interview, so maybe one has to double-check meaning.  Over the top for me.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:51:11 pm by TomSea »