Author Topic: Cop Mistakes Apartment For Her Own, Kills Her Neighbor  (Read 1550 times)

Offline mrclose

Cop Mistakes Apartment For Her Own, Kills Her Neighbor
« on: September 07, 2018, 06:51:29 pm »

OOPS! :shrug:

DALLAS (AP) — Dallas police say an officer returning home after her shift mistook a neighbor’s apartment for her own and shot and killed the man who lived there.

Police issued a news release Friday saying the shooting happened around 10 p.m. Thursday. The officer, who has not been identified, had arrived at her apartment complex in uniform after working a shift.

Authorities say the officer called dispatch to report the shooting. She told responding officers that she believed the victim’s apartment was her own when she entered it.

The 26-year-old man was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/09/07/cop-mistakes-apartment-for-her-own-kills-her-neighbor/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Cop Mistakes Apartment For Her Own, Kills Her Neighbor
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 06:56:11 pm »
That story of hers is full of more holes than the dude she shot.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 07:23:06 pm »
   It's not uncommon among the Female species to kill your partner after mating.

:bolt:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 07:41:44 pm »
Do the apartments not have numbers on their door?
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 08:33:46 pm »
I guess she will get a lesser charge, it would not bother me if they tried her for 1st degree murder with the death penalty, maybe one deserves it for being so stupid.  Terrible story.

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 08:43:29 pm »
   Wouldn't most sane people just think, $hit someone broke in and redecorated my apartment.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 08:47:12 pm »
   Wouldn't most sane people just think, $hit someone broke in and redecorated my apartment.

Or maybe the exchanged everything with an exact duplicate in a reversed layout.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 10:24:13 pm »
A very strange story. Did she come home sober, I wonder?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2018, 10:26:28 pm »
She should be charged with a lot more than that.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2018, 10:59:19 pm »
Weird story. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2018, 11:10:29 pm »
Two women who live on the second floor near where the shooting happened said they heard a lot of noise late Thursday.

“It was, like, police talk: ‘Open up! Open up!'” 20-year-old Caitlin Simpson told The Dallas Morning News.

Sounds to me like she heard noise coming from inside what she thought was her apartment and went into combat mode. Either that, or she had a beef with him and just used mixed up apartments as an excuse. If I were a betting person, I would guess #1, she just screwed up and went Rambo on his butt, he never had a chance.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:11:58 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 01:09:20 am »
Guessing the guy is just hanging around his apartment watching TV, playing video games, cooking, whatever, and then she comes up beating on the door trying to make her way in.

So he gets shot out of what what one would assume was a very passive situation. I would guess he recognized her voice at the door and knew she wasn't a stranger, so unless he's got a gun or other weapon and is trying to defend himself, she pretty much shot him in cold blood.
The Republic is lost.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 01:20:57 am »
Dallas just seems to bring out the worse in people, I don't go there.

*Apologies to @dfwgator

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2018, 01:28:16 am »
A very strange story. Did she come home sober, I wonder?

This could have happened to me about a year or two ago.

I was distracted with what I was carrying and living on the top floor of a 3 level condo...for some damned reason my key wouldn't work.

...went into the entrance to the building next door.  They all have the same common area carpet and all are the same color.

If the door would have been opened, I would have freaked too.   And she had a gun.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2018, 01:37:37 am »
It says she was returning home after her shift.  It also says that the shooting happened around 10pm.  Maybe they work odd shift hours.  Maybe she put in some overtime.

Maybe she stopped somewhere and spent several hours throwing back shots before going home.

Excuse me, "home".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2018, 02:26:29 am »
   The few women I've dated that ever dated Cops, say they'd never do it again. 
   But I'm sure they're sitting around somewhere (getting stoned) exclaiming they'll never date ol' Stoners, like me again, either.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 12:55:48 am »
New Details Released About What Actually Happened In Dallas Apartment Shooting
The district attorney released the arrest affidavit for Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger on Monday.

Dallas, TX – The arrest affidavit released Monday afternoon revealed many more details about the circumstances surrounding the Dallas police officer who mistakenly shot a man in his own apartment. 

Off-duty Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger returned home from work just after 10 p.m. on Sept. 6, after having worked 14 hours serving warrants in high crime areas of the city. ...

The arrest affidavit said it wasn’t until Officer Guyger was already on the phone with 911, that she reached to turn on the lights and she realized she was not in her own apartment.

She went into the hall and checked the address on the door, and confirmed for the dispatchers that she was in unit 1478, one floor above her own apartment, WCAU reported.  ...   Full story

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 01:00:31 am »
I read 2 days ago she parked on the 3 level of the building. She lives on the 4th. Walked to what she thought was her appt.  The door was unlocked.  She went in and shot the poor bastard.   

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 01:04:30 am »
New Details Released About What Actually Happened In Dallas Apartment Shooting
The district attorney released the arrest affidavit for Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger on Monday.

Dallas, TX – The arrest affidavit released Monday afternoon revealed many more details about the circumstances surrounding the Dallas police officer who mistakenly shot a man in his own apartment. 

Off-duty Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger returned home from work just after 10 p.m. on Sept. 6, after having worked 14 hours serving warrants in high crime areas of the city. ...

The arrest affidavit said it wasn’t until Officer Guyger was already on the phone with 911, that she reached to turn on the lights and she realized she was not in her own apartment.

She went into the hall and checked the address on the door, and confirmed for the dispatchers that she was in unit 1478, one floor above her own apartment, WCAU reported.  ...   Full story

The cop looks pretty small. Give a gun and a badge to someone that tiny and they're gonna go straight to lethal force as their first option out of necessity.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 01:06:23 am »
I noticed that the story indicated she had just worked for 14 hours. Certainly no excuse, but being tired might have contributed to her fogginess in misidentifying the apartment.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 01:09:15 am »
I have to wonder about whether or not alcohol or drugs were involved. Only because it is fairly common and well known for drunks to go the wrong address thinking they are home. Some are so messed up that they actually go to sleep in the apartment and never notice that everything is different.

Why was the door open? Who leaves their door open these days? Those days are gone.
Why did the Cop not noticed that the door was open? She must have locked her door when she went to work.
The Cop was lucky. Had she gone into a different armed apartment, or a drug dealer, she could have been the one shot.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 01:19:37 am »
He should have turned down the music the 3rd time she asked.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2018, 01:20:33 am »
I don't know that the door was open, just that it wasn't completely latched shut.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2018, 01:24:42 am »
I have to wonder about whether or not alcohol or drugs were involved. Only because it is fairly common and well known for drunks to go the wrong address thinking they are home. Some are so messed up that they actually go to sleep in the apartment and never notice that everything is different.

Why was the door open? Who leaves their door open these days? Those days are gone.
Why did the Cop not noticed that the door was open? She must have locked her door when she went to work.
The Cop was lucky. Had she gone into a different armed apartment, or a drug dealer, she could have been the one shot.

I read that they drew blood at the scene, so they should know if she was under the influence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2018, 01:26:03 am »
I read that they drew blood at the scene, so they should know if she was under the influence.
I'm sure the results will be presented to the grand jury. May make a difference as to the severity of the charges lodged against her.