Author Topic: Sen. Ben Sasse, who hates Trump, unwittingly makes the case for why Trump was elected  (Read 348 times)

rangerrebew

Sen. Ben Sasse, who hates Trump, unwittingly makes the case for why Trump was elected

By Dan Calabrese  September 6, 2018

I have no idea if the irony is lost on him, or if he’s fully aware of it. But as much as Ben Sasse is scandalized by Donald Trump’s behavior and style, he seems strangely aligned with Trump on the ways Washington has gotten off track and how it puts the republic in peril.

In opening statements for the Kavanaugh hearings, Sasse made some excellent points about how and why the country has lost its bearings with respect to the role of the judiciary. That, Sasse believes, explains much of the hysterics we see every time – as in now – we find ourselves engaged in confirmation hearings for a Supreme Court Justice.

Sasse argues that too many Americans expect the judiciary to serve as a sort of superlegislature, and that’s true, but where Sasse’s comments really soar is when he decides not to stop there:

https://canadafreepress.com/article/sen.-ben-sasse-who-hates-trump-unwittingly-makes-the-case-for-why-trump-was

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
He doesn't hate Trump.  He loves the country and its Constitution.  Sasse is a a man with a firm understanding of United States History, and our founding documents.  He always makes great points.

He's a family man, and an asset to our country.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Sen. Ben Sasse, who hates Trump, unwittingly makes the case for why Trump was elected

By Dan Calabrese  September 6, 2018

I have no idea if the irony is lost on him, or if he’s fully aware of it. But as much as Ben Sasse is scandalized by Donald Trump’s behavior and style, he seems strangely aligned with Trump on the ways Washington has gotten off track and how it puts the republic in peril.

In opening statements for the Kavanaugh hearings, Sasse made some excellent points about how and why the country has lost its bearings with respect to the role of the judiciary. That, Sasse believes, explains much of the hysterics we see every time – as in now – we find ourselves engaged in confirmation hearings for a Supreme Court Justice.

Sasse argues that too many Americans expect the judiciary to serve as a sort of superlegislature, and that’s true, but where Sasse’s comments really soar is when he decides not to stop there:

https://canadafreepress.com/article/sen.-ben-sasse-who-hates-trump-unwittingly-makes-the-case-for-why-trump-was

I like Ben Sasse a lot.  I don't think he hates Trump or that he ever hated him, but Trump was obviously not his choice, just as Trump was not the choice of many people here who now support Trump.

I think Sasse is now a Trump supporter, which is something a sane person can be if a leader lives up to his promises and governs well and wisely.  It is pointless to dwell on the negative aspects of Trump's personality and I am sure that Sasse realizes that.

He made a great mini-speech while questioning Kavanaugh and I dubbed him my new hero.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.