Author Topic: The real reason why an anonymous White House official published an op-ed in the New York Times  (Read 401 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The real reason why an anonymous White House official published an op-ed in the New York Times
by Becket Adams
 | September 06, 2018 08:23 AM

At first blush, it makes no sense. But then you remember that most everything in the nation's capital is done with an eye to obtaining or maintaining power and influence, and then it all starts coming together.

The New York Times published an anonymously authored op-ed Thursday titled, “ I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration.”

The article’s author claims to be a “senior" White House official. The author alleges that he ( or she?) is working covertly within the Trump administration to undermine the president.

What the op-ed doesn’t say is that its author, if he is indeed a "senior" official, is clearly prepping for a post-Trump White House career. Because that’s what’s happening here, whether the author wants to admit it or not.

“I work for the president but like-minded colleagues and I have vowed to thwart parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations,” the author writes.

The author adds, “The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations. I would know. I am one of them.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/the-real-reason-why-an-anonymous-white-house-official-published-an-op-ed-in-the-new-york-times
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The president now believes there are saboteurs in the White House. He’ll most likely respond by staging some sort of destructive, uber-macho countermeasure to prove he’s the alpha dog and that no one undermines Donald J. Trump. The op-ed will also undoubtedly throw the president into a deeper, crazier “deep state” paranoia. The op-ed might even trigger a purge of known or suspected “squishes.”

...This article was written by someone who is trying to cover his ass, professionally speaking.

The purpose of the op-ed isn’t to create more chaos or drive Trump nuts. The purpose is to buy the author a ticket back into “polite” society eventually, when he reveals who he is.

I can buy that analysis.  They get more chaos and Tweet paranoia as a natural consequence to drive the rebound push to use the 25th Amendment to get Trump taken out.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm still not convinced it wasn't written by someone at the NYT as a psy-ops political operation.

They want to stop Trump from making any conservative progress on things like limiting immigration or building the Wall,so what better way to achieve that than creating a condition where everybody there mistrusts and questions each other's motives?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I can buy that analysis.  They get more chaos and Tweet paranoia as a natural consequence to drive the rebound push to use the 25th Amendment to get Trump taken out.

I agree.  That makes sense.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

You hoping for a "Strawberry" moment Invar?

Ah, but the strawberries, that’s, that’s where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, and with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist, and I’ve had produced that key if they hadn’t pulled the Caine out of action. I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officer. …
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

You hoping for a "Strawberry" moment Invar?

Am I 'hoping'?  No.

That Trump is an attention-whore and does not care what is being said as long as everyone is talking about him is self-evident.

But not behavior in keeping with someone certifiable deserving removal.

With traitors and corrupt scum populating all levels of government, a mutiny was inevitable.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What concerns me is the cornered dog phenomenon.    No American President has ever faced the sustained and unyielding opposition that Trump has faced, much of it well beyond the line of the "loyal opposition" and into the territory of irrational and psychotic hate.   The President's paranoia is well justified -he has never, not for one brief moment, enjoyed a honeymoon or given a fair chance to govern.   And it takes true strength of character to remain focused on the job he was elected to do,  and not react to madness in kind.   

A dog that is calm 99 percent of the time will lash out in violence when cornered.  It is a response to the instinctual impulse to survive, and my greatest fear is the intensity of Trump's opposition will drive him to act rashly in the manner of a cornered dog.   Perhaps there are some within his administration who are trying to keep the President focused and tempered.   If not, it will be the height of irony if a great disaster befalls us as the direct result of the President being goaded by his enemies.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

I'm still not convinced it wasn't written by someone at the NYT as a psy-ops political operation.

They want to stop Trump from making any conservative progress on things like limiting immigration or building the Wall,so what better way to achieve that than creating a condition where everybody there mistrusts and questions each other's motives?

Made up out of whole cloth in the New York Times newsroom. Journalism is dead in America.

Information and Communication Studies, California State University, Chico, 1978. So, I know of what I speak.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What concerns me is the cornered dog phenomenon.    No American President has ever faced the sustained and unyielding opposition that Trump has faced, much of it well beyond the line of the "loyal opposition" and into the territory of irrational and psychotic hate.   The President's paranoia is well justified -he has never, not for one brief moment, enjoyed a honeymoon or given a fair chance to govern.   And it takes true strength of character to remain focused on the job he was elected to do,  and not react to madness in kind.   

A dog that is calm 99 percent of the time will lash out in violence when cornered.  It is a response to the instinctual impulse to survive, and my greatest fear is the intensity of Trump's opposition will drive him to act rashly in the manner of a cornered dog.   Perhaps there are some within his administration who are trying to keep the President focused and tempered.   If not, it will be the height of irony if a great disaster befalls us as the direct result of the President being goaded by his enemies.   

@Jazzhead

The good news here is Trump has spend his entire life as an independent businessman butting heads with everyone around him,as opposed to the professional political classes,who need support and kind words like they need oxygen to breathe.

In other words,other than it being so public and talked about on the news every night to promote it,this is just another day at the bargaining table for Trump. THIS is the YUGE advantage he has over career pols. By the time the dust clears on this thing,he is likely to have then chewing each others feet off as they all blame each other for what happens.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 02:57:00 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Made up out of whole cloth in the New York Times newsroom. Journalism is dead in America.

Information and Communication Studies, California State University, Chico, 1978. So, I know of what I speak.

@aligncare

Don't forget,it was a feature writer from the NYT that went to the USSR during the late-20's or early 30's and wrote articles about what a wonderful success communism is. The phrase "Potemkin Village" was coined due to his efforts. For those who don't know,Stalin had a new village built entirely from scratch and populated by people he pulled from other villages by force to impress this NYT "journalist" with how well communism worked. IIRC,he was touring along a river and they came upon the village,where the boat went ashore,and he went ashore to interview the "citizens who came forward in joy to greet him". In other words,he took the word of people with guns held at their backs without ANY investigation at all,or he would have seen the empty shells of buildings for what they were. He ended up writing a story praising it and how well it worked and how happy and well-fed the people were,with no one complaining.