Author Topic: LIVE: Day 3: Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing, 9:30A ET #SCOTUS  (Read 1088 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LIVE: Day 3: Kavanaugh Confirmation Hearing, 9:30A ET #SCOTUS
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 08:36:57 pm »
Blumenthal is just a sniveling tinfoil spouting weasel working for a gotcha moment.

All of that and more.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2018, 09:20:55 pm »
Hirono is pure kangaroo court.

Hirono: You did this, said that, wrote that, you were here then and conspired with the Trump admin to deny people their rights.

Kavanaugh: I did, said, wrote none of that, and was never there, and in the court case of....

Hirono: Well now that we've proven that, I am shocked and ashamed at your behavior and don't think you should be on the SCOTUS.

She missed her casting call for Crazy Rich Asians.

The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 12:11:37 am »
Watching the witch hunt on PBS,and  at approximately 8 PM EST it sounded to me like Kavanaugh responded to a gun control question by stating the government has a RIGHT to "ban machine guns",according to his understanding of the 2nd Amendment while being questioned on it by Senator Durbin. To which Durbin responded with a resounding "AND THANK GOD FOR THAT!"

He also seemed to say that the government has the RIGHT to BAN OWNERSHIP of other firearms.

That is exactly 180 degrees WRONG. Machine guns are the very weapons whose possession by citizens is GUARANTEED by the 2nd Amendment. Somebody needs to light a fire under his ass for this one.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:13:22 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!