Author Topic: In a matter of hours, Trump reverses position on whether he'll consider a government shutdown to fun  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Business Insider by Bob Bryan 9/5/2018

On Monday, President Donald Trump suggested to The Daily Caller that he would not force a government shutdown at the end of the month to secure more money for a promised wall along the US-Mexico border.

"I don't like the idea of shutdowns," Trump said.

On Tuesday, Trump completely reversed course in a meeting with GOP lawmakers.

"If it happens it happens," Trump said. "If it's about border security, I'm willing to do anything."

Trump has previously threatened to shut down the government, saying the US "needs a good 'shutdown.'"

President Donald Trump completed a reversal on the subject of a month-end government shutdown in less than 24 hours.

In an interview with The Daily Caller on Tuesday, Trump dismissed the idea of shutting down the government to extract more funding for the promised wall along the US-Mexico border.

"Well, I want to keep, I don't like the idea of shutdowns," Trump said.

"Border security is a very important issue," the president said. "I don't see even myself or anybody else closing down the country right now."

More: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-shutdown-border-wall-daily-caller-interview-2018-9

Offline corbe

Don't do it Mr. President you'll catch hell for keeping the House and Senate, GOP.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline verga

I swear he does this stuff just to make the liberals and RINO's (But I repeat myself) heads explode.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Maybe Trump just got stuck on some Chuck Berry lyrics

Sometimes I will, then again I think I won't
Sometimes I will, then again I think I won't
Sometimes I do, then again I think I don't

Offline skeeter

I dunno, 'I don't like the idea of showdowns but I'll do it if I have to' might look like a reversal to some.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Nope, this is just typical Trump: being on every side of every issue - pumping the one that will cause the most Chaos and result in everyone talking about him.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline kevindavis007

Nope, this is just typical Trump: being on every side of every issue - pumping the one that will cause the most Chaos and result in everyone talking about him.

Call me old fahsioned, but I don't like this country being governed by Chaos..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I swear he does this stuff just to make the liberals and RINO's (But I repeat myself) heads explode.
I thought it was because Trump is senile and can't remember what he said last week.  He is so masterful. 888heartkitty

Offline verga

I thought it was because Trump is senile and can't remember what he said last week.  He is so masterful. 888heartkitty
As I said on the other thread: Hillary lost get over it.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline goatprairie

Yes, because nobody can vote for Trump, be glad Hillary lost, and still think Trump is an orange-faced tool. Somebody like me.  :tongue2:

@verga I'm over Hitlery.  My problem is Trump and his stupid enablers offering Presidential participation trophies.

You might want to let this guy know.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

"Is Hillary a happy person? Do you think she's happy?" he said. "When she goes home at night, does she say, 'What a great life?' I don't think so. You never know. I hope she's happy."

Offline verga

@verga
Did you tweet President Trump yet?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1038774320972095488
@Once-Ler my ignore list is very short and reserved for only the biggest @$$hats, you look to be about a size 9 7/8ths

@Once-Ler my ignore list is very short and reserved for only the biggest @$$hats, you look to be about a size 9 7/8ths
@verga
Thanx for the update.  I won't let you down.