Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of the Alt Right  (Read 415 times)

Offline endicom

The Rise and Fall of the Alt Right
« on: September 06, 2018, 01:26:55 am »
American Greatness
Mytheos Holt
Sept. 4, 2018

With Russiagate increasingly looking like a deep state and Clinton campaign-manufactured bugaboo, a new brand of leftist McCarthyism has reared its head—namely, trying to seek out members or allies of the Trump Administration with ties to the dreaded Alt-Right. So far, the only targets have been Department of Homeland Security (DHS) staffer Ian Smith, who apparently ran in some dodgy circles, and White House speechwriter Darren Beattie, who was ousted for nothing more than addressing the controversial paleoconservative H. L. Mencken Club. Like all good panics, this one began in a grain of disturbing truth, but then it snared all sorts of others, including innocents like Beattie, in its wake.

I leave the defenses of the targets for the moment, because the most relevant fact about this particular bit of heretic hunting is that it is not actually a battle to afflict the entrenched and powerful. It is, instead, a mop-up operation.

To put it bluntly, the Alt-Right proper was a stillborn movement. And now, judging by the pitiful group that showed up to Unite the Right 2 last month, its members are the equivalent of the Nazis in the “Mr. Hilter” Monty Python sketch, playing records of applause while no one shows up to their speeches. In fact, to paraphrase the great Python lads, the Alt-Right may pine for the gas chambers, but it has also passed on. It has ceased to be. It has expired and gone to meet its maker. It is a stiff, bereft of life. It rests in peace. If the Left weren’t propping it up to scare people, it would be pushing up the daisies. Its meta-political processes are now history. It has run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible . . . and promptly called that choir cucks. This is an ex-movement!

More... https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/04/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-alt-right/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Rise and Fall of the Alt Right
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 01:43:25 am »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 02:05:20 am »

I thought that interesting from someone who'd been there, done that. I didn't read it critically but for some insight into this nebulous Alt-Right thing.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 02:10:00 am »

I thought that interesting from someone who'd been there, done that. I didn't read it critically but for some insight into this nebulous Alt-Right thing.

Haven't read it yet.  Book marked for tomorrow morning.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien