Author Topic: How Trump Survives  (Read 1359 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Trump Survives
« on: August 31, 2018, 07:52:29 pm »

How Trump Survives
Column: The president benefits from the economy—and from his enemies

Donald Trump

Getty Images

BY: Matthew Continetti
August 31, 2018 5:00 am

The litany has been repeated so often that it's easy to recite: The walls are closing in on Donald Trump, person x or y or z is going to bring him down, it's only a matter of time before he is caught or exposed or loses his base of support and driven from public life. The phrases sound out from our cable channels. We see them in newspaper headlines and in our Twitter timelines. This time Trump has gone too far. The end is near. Take that, Drumpf!

What is forgotten is that the president has operated in this atmosphere of emergency and crisis and imminent doom since he announced his campaign. No matter how dire the outcry, he moves on. His political standing remains stable. At the end of last week, after Manafort and Cohen, after Trump found himself on the receiving end of the reality politics playbook, NBC News and the Wall Street Journal polled his job approval. There was no appreciable change.

Why? The most important reason has to be the remarkable state of the American economy. On Election Day 2016, the Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 18,332.43. On August 29, it closed at 26,124.57. That is an increase of some 40 percent. Other indices show similar gains. Growth in GDP went from 1.5 percent in 2016 to 2.3 percent in 2017 and, helped by the excellent 4.2 percent number in the second quarter, is forecast for around 3 percent in 2018.

more
https://freebeacon.com/columns/how-trump-survives/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: How Trump Survives
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 07:57:56 pm »
Survives? The guys thriving while all the DC filth either dies or circles the drain.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 07:36:27 am »
It's a tough gig being MSM.

Trying to make a whole bunch of people who now Have a job hate the guy who helped them Get that job.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 10:34:36 am »
Survives? The guys thriving while all the DC filth either dies or circles the drain.

That’s not what I heard from the political geniuses on the ‘Democrats Must Love Sessions’ thread.

According to them, the fact that Trump had a history of pursuing beautiful, sexy women, and of speaking bluntly about his political foes, that disqualifies him for the presidency.

Never mind that he actually puts American citizens first or that he has the instincts and political acumen to single-handedly – and against overwhelming opposition – make headway in his promise to rollback the burdensome regulatory state and drain the establishment swamp.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 11:52:28 am »
I think Trump deserves a tremendous amount of credit for the economy.  Clearly his policies of tax cuts and deregulation have had a positive impact on the economy......bigly.  If he were capable of focusing on that message, I think it would benefit him tremendously.  As the article in the OP notes:  "As the saying goes: When the economy is the issue, it's the only issue."  Of course, this President can't and won't make the economy "the issue".  He insists on saying and tweeting stupid things to ensure the economy isn't the issue but that he's the focus.  Just more self-inflicted wounds IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 02:44:08 pm »
But I thought Trump inherited the vibrant economy from Obama. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline kidd

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 05:55:52 pm »
The litany has been repeated so often that it's easy to recite: The walls are closing in on Donald Trump, person x or y or z is going to bring him down, it's only a matter of time before he is caught or exposed or loses his base of support and driven from public life. The phrases sound out from our cable channels. We see them in newspaper headlines and in our Twitter timelines. This time Trump has gone too far. The end is near. Take that, Drumpf!

I've read that those who believe that the latest MSM "Trump is toast" headlines should be referred to as "Great Pumpkin" democrats.

LOL!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 06:13:50 pm »

I think Trump deserves a tremendous amount of credit for the economy.  Clearly his policies of tax cuts and deregulation have had a positive impact on the economy......bigly.  If he were capable of focusing on that message, I think it would benefit him tremendously.  As the article in the OP notes:  "As the saying goes: When the economy is the issue, it's the only issue."  Of course, this President can't and won't make the economy "the issue".  He insists on saying and tweeting stupid things to ensure the economy isn't the issue but that he's the focus.  Just more self-inflicted wounds IMO.

IMO, the attention span of the public is miniscule .

You can figuratively slap their heads with that information in plenty of time.  It's only getting better by the day.

And we've discussed the benefits of his tweeting in here on several occasions. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 06:34:13 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

They got him now....right.  This time for sure.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 06:39:44 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

They got him now....right.  This time for sure.

And here I thought my observation was unique... :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 06:40:39 pm »
And here I thought my observation was unique... :laugh:

I did steal it from you ole Pal!..   :cool:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 06:44:19 pm »
I did steal it from you ole Pal!..   :cool:

@The Ghost

So, from which of us did Matthew Continetti steal it?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 06:48:16 pm »

IMO, the attention span of the public is miniscule .

You can figuratively slap their heads with that information in plenty of time.  It's only getting better by the day.

And we've discussed the benefits of his tweeting in here on several occasions.

I agree that the public has a limited attention span which makes message discipline and focus all the more important.  Unfortunately, this President is insistent upon stepping on his own good economic message with Twitter nonsense.   The nonsense then inevitably gets covered by the press and the President then inevitably whines about what a victim he is.   *****rollingeyes*****  That cycle doesn't help the public focus on the good economics that are indeed occuring, and it doesn't help the President (beyond his base of 35%), but he's incapable of change at this point IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 06:52:49 pm »
@The Ghost

So, from which of us did Matthew Continetti steal it?

LOL  I didn't know he was using it!   888mouth