Author Topic: The Coming Restoration of the Constitution  (Read 248 times)

Offline endicom

The Coming Restoration of the Constitution
« on: September 04, 2018, 05:59:29 pm »
American Greatness
Stephen B. Presser
Sept. 3, 2018

Just as the upcoming midterm elections may be the most important of our lifetimes—since they will determine if the Trumpian Counter-Reformation will continue or be frustrated—the hearings this week on the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to the United States Supreme Court are a watershed event in jurisprudence.

Fifty years ago there was a fragile consensus, even in our great law schools, about how justices were to go about doing their jobs. That consensus was formed by admiration for Felix Frankfurter, the occasionally mercurial, but stunningly brilliant, appointee of Franklin Roosevelt. Frankfurter, contrary to the later pattern of justices appointed by Republican presidents, moved to the right on the court, becoming more conservative with age. By the end of his career, in a series of thoughtful opinions, he had explained that the task of a justice was not to formulate new constitutional law according to his personal preferences, but, rather to exercise restraint and wisdom in preserving the original constitutional scheme of separation of powers and preeminence of state and local governments.

More... https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/03/the-coming-restoration-of-the-constitution/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Coming Restoration of the Constitution
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 06:06:06 pm »
Only God knows how much I pray for this to be so!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Re: The Coming Restoration of the Constitution
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 07:17:46 pm »
Only God knows how much I pray for this to be so!

Yeah, just follow the precepts of the Constitution.