Author Topic: As The Washington Establishment Memorialized John McCain By Hating On A Sitting President, Donald Tr  (Read 188 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As The Washington Establishment Memorialized John McCain By Hating On A Sitting President, Donald Trump Got The Last Laugh
Scott Morefield

Posted: Sep 04, 2018 12:01 AM

“[John] McCain’s funeral seems to be shaping up as the Washington Establishment’s response to Trump. Wonder if it’ll have a lasting impact.”

So wrote Wall Street Journal correspondent David Wessel on Saturday morning, reacting to the fact that the late Senator’s funeral rites seemed to be essentially about “two things” - as political comedian Tim Young put it via Twitter - “Remembering Sen. McCain and hating on Trump.”

“From the reporting on it, it seems the latter was sadly more important than anything else,” continued Young.

“There has never been quite such a spectacle against a sitting president,” tweeted Financial Times columnist Edward Luce.

“Watching the endless, days on end, 24/7 coverage of the moving memorials and ceremonies for American hero John McCain, realizing that if he were a strong Trump supporter, this would only get a 90 second piece once every few hours and very few celebrities in the crowd,” tweeted radio host Mark Simone.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/scottmorefield/2018/09/04/as-the-washington-establishment-memorialized-john-mccain-by-hating-on-a-sitting-president-donald-trump-got-the-last-laugh-n2515520
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It was a tough week for those of us who know the REAL John Sidney McCain III.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien