Author Topic: Handiblackin’  (Read 373 times)

rangerrebew

Handiblackin’
« on: September 04, 2018, 01:18:12 pm »
Handiblackin’

by David Cole

August 28, 2018

Have you heard about “handiblackin’”? It’s the newest craze. I normally wouldn’t lead off my column by citing a lengthy chunk of someone else’s work, but if you don’t know about handiblackin’, please learn about it from this Associated Press article:

New Fad Draws Criticism, Concerns

If you’ve noticed a flood of stories in the press recently about a new fad among black people called “handiblackin’,” you’re not alone. It’s a craze that many see as exemplifying everything that’s wrong with the black community. Handiblackin’ is when able-bodied black women feel entitled to use parking spaces reserved for the handicapped. Handiblackin’ made international news last month when a lazy black woman decided to park in a disabled space, leading to the death of her boyfriend and the arrest of a white man who was only trying to defend himself.

http://takimag.com/article/handiblackin/print#ixzz5Q8excniH

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Handiblackin’
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 01:43:55 pm »
I see a bunch of entitled mindset people of all races and walks of life doing this. It isn't a 'black' trend, it is an as_shole trend. Pretty much every time I go to the store I see this, and there isn't a consistent pattern to race or class that does it. The last one was a middle-aged white woman parking her Maserati across three handicap spaces. 

Online goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 01:52:32 pm »
I see a bunch of entitled mindset people of all races and walks of life doing this. It isn't a 'black' trend, it is an as_shole trend. Pretty much every time I go to the store I see this, and there isn't a consistent pattern to race or class that does it. The last one was a middle-aged white woman parking her Maserati across three handicap spaces.
I'd love to see store security contacted and her car hauled away. 

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 01:58:02 pm »

We have an app in town called 'city send' where you can send reports directly to the police. I know when I was walking by at least 2-3 people were taking a photo (hopefully not because of the type of car). I hope she got social media shamed.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 12:37:53 am »
Screw store security, just call the police, not a week goes by that lazy people park in our complexes sole handicap space. I kindly place a warning notice on their car the first time, the second time they receive a citation and that costs them over five bills. Yeah I know I'm a Dick, but I get fed up when the able bodied are just to lazy to walk a few more feet.