Author Topic: Labor Day  (Read 512 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Labor Day
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:27:51 pm »
Labor Day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_Day.

"Labor Day in the United States of America is a public holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It honors the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity, laws, and well-being of the country. It is the Monday of the long weekend known as Labor Day Weekend. It is recognized as a federal holiday.
Beginning in the late 19th century, as the trade union and labor movements grew, trade unionists proposed that a day be set aside to celebrate labor. "Labor Day" was promoted by the Central Labor Union and the Knights of Labor, which organized the first parade in New York City. In 1887, Oregon was the first state of the United States to make it an official public holiday. By the time it became an official federal holiday in 1894, thirty states in the United States officially celebrated Labor Day.[2] "

cont. at link

Are autoworkers in Canada and Mexico members of unions?

Are oil field workers in Texas, Oklahoma, and North Dakota, members of unions?

Are school teachers in Ohio's public schools,, members of unions?

Are letter carriers for the USPS members of unions?

Are lrge grocerry chain workers members of unions?

Are pilots of passenger jet planes, members of unions?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Applewood

Re: Labor Day
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 08:39:14 pm »
I worked for lawyers.  Never had a union, never wanted a union, never needed a union.  I did my job, I got paid.  What would I need a union for?

Closest big city to me is Pittsburgh.  Today the city held its annual Labor Day parade.  Meant to honor the worker, but the parade really just celebrates the incestuous relationship between unions and the Democrat party.  Joe Biden was there as were all the city and county Democrat leaders and the big wheels from SEIU and the other unions which rule in this region.    Pffft!

Just another day for me.  Next time I will honor anyone will be Veterans Day.  Now those are the ones worthy of honor and respect.  Unions and their Democrat lovers?  Bah!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Labor Day
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 01:36:06 am »
What the Democrat Liberals cannot understand is that Labor Day is a Putin plan.

Labor Day was founded by Putin and the Russians. (no really, it really was)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.