Author Topic: Ivanka emerges as Trump’s jobs czar, focus on ‘forgotten men and women’  (Read 1695 times)

Offline roamer_1

I have mixed feeling on this.  IF indeed a person is on the low rung of the company ladder and wants to move up and needs a particular set of skills in order to do so, I have no problem with on the job training, provided that the person receiving the training is willing to pay a portion or repay over time for their training. 

I, as an employer, would pay outright to send my employees to school to become better employees. It is a win for me, because I get a more useful tool. I would have done more if I could have written it off, as uncle nanny decided that schooling should not be deductible.

For those that are among the unemployed; I believe that there should be limitations as to how long an individual can collect unemployment.

Your entire premise begins in the incorrect view that there should be unemployment tax at all.
I have never had the benefit of unemployment insurance, because I have never worked for anyone. If I run out of work, I go get more.

And believe me, that happens right now. There is always work.  I always made ends meet.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
@DCPatriot loves illegals btw http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,330619.msg1784855.html#msg1784855

It's why I laugh out loud every time I read their screeds wherein they declare Principled Conservatives "Dangerous Zealots" while threatening to 'rip your face off' as they contend that they cannot tell the difference between us and a Democrat.

Meanwhile the evidence of the contrary is self-evident, save for those of us they hate whom refuse to bow down and worship Trump in fealty or declare him to be what he is not.

They are so wrapped up in the cult of Trump's personality that they let their masks drop yet again.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Ivanka, go back to selling shoes or something, please.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I love your perspective!

I can't tell you how hard it is to find skilled people in the trades. Why not train people to be bricklayers, pipefitters, welders, carpenters, electricians, instead of baristas.

Well because the Mexicans do those jobs.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LMAO

Where did this idea of needing “Czars” for every issue come from?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline bilo

Well because the Mexicans do those jobs.

Maybe the demolition, drywall & painting, but not so much pipefitting, electrical, and carpentry.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Applewood

Where did this idea of needing “Czars” for every issue come from?

Obama, I believe. 

Offline Applewood

Ivanka, go back to selling shoes or something, please.

Well, she did have a clothing line, but it folded.  Come to think of it, I think she's had a couple of businesses which tanked.  And she like her father is a graduate of Wharton School.  I guess like those Princeton grads she refers to, she didn't learn anything worthwhile either.